2010 swinger showdown

racer951

Reaction
I would not race a Pro 9 series over a MORE / SNORE style program full time. Without supporting the regional series of those I listed I think it hurts all involved. The regional promotors have spent years developing a proven product and provide the tool needed to let us indulge in a pro 9 shoot out series.

People will continue racing local series no matter what - because 3 races a year doesnt satisfy everyone's appetite. But how many of the series racers can do 5-6 races plus the extra 2 away from the home series? That's why I think there would have to be somewhat of a choice. Would people start skipping the local series if they were out of the points race after summer? I think a main draw of a Pro 9 event would be the number of cars at every race which would (hopefully) prevent cars from leaving when out of the points race unlike the local series.

Shred918

Reaction
From my personal opinion I would like to see a DRIVE race in the mix and some sort of shortcourse race whether it is something like BAP or Gelen Helen.

ACME

Reaction
Everytime this concept comes up it fails. Pinky nailed it, most want to run a series and most figure they won't be in the hunt so a Pro 9 deal isn't that important to them. Pro 1600, Pro dirt and the 5/16 deal are the same way, a number of guys follow the series but most owners/drivers don't. A coalition or series like Jeepspeed, Protruck or TL seems to work as that was the premise under which the classes were founded but history shows trying to form a coalition starts out good but has not been long term succesful as of yet. As a suggestion instead of trying to form a series, stick with a few events, beat the drum and make them big. Pinky did Swingfest 1 and Dave took the helm at the Swinger Shootout and I'm sure both can attest to the amout of time, energy and money it cost them with no return other than a few thank you's (my hat's off to you guys) . IMO it'd be way easier and seemingly more succesful to try and do 2 events a year to bring the cars together as historically you'll get a lot of support a the first event of a coalition but as time grinds on the focus will fall away from the deal and ultimatley 1-2 people will be left doing the majority of the work and the car counts will fall off if history is any indicator. As a suggestion maybe a BAP type race and a a 400 miler like last weekned would be a great balance in events and by spreading them apart everyone can still run their series if they choose and not have to pick one or the other. The only other advise I'd give is consider sticking with MORE and Snore as they seem to draw the most swingers and it'll be easier to draw racers away from their series for 1 event. As a retired aka retarded swinger it was very cool to watch last weekends donkey show, hopefully it becomes and annual thing!

TStover9

Reaction
Giti, Just an FYI, Drive is doing a BAP style race in Sept. in PC.

Ya, we need to get some of the high desert 9 car guys to come down here and have some fun in Plaster City with DRIVE! DRIVE puts on a great race. Hope to see some of you guys down here!