2011 BAJA 1000 McMillin Racing 1/2-1600 Luke McMillin/Justin Smith VIDEO! (very late)

LukeMcMillin83

RDC Crypto
Well late is better than never! Sorry for the 2 MONTH delay! haha My friend Chris had the entire video cut and it would NOT upload, so we asked CACTUS FILMS to REDO the ENTIRE video! HUGE THANKS to CACTUS FILMS for putting this video together! THERE ARE TWO PARTS! This is incar and outside footage from the first 150 miles or so....

Part One

[video=youtube;dbMoLBHI_Z0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbMoLBHI_Z0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Part Two

[video=youtube;DI664r36q2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI664r36q2k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Big thanks to everyone who helped us and our awesome sponsors! First of all a great co driver, JUSTIN "BEAN" SMITH for driving an awesome 2nd half! I drove the first 400 Miles and Justin took it in the last 300 to claim the victory! Big thank you to the AWESOME co riders CHRIS OLIMON who rode with me, truely an AWESOME codriver and of course NIC RIVALDI (tipracer here on RDC), who has been riding in our 1600 cars for years, thank you guys! And of course the BEST, BFGOODRICH TIRES, BAJA DESIGNS, FOX RACING SHOCKS, MAJOR PERFORMANCE RACING ENGINES, MASTERCRAFT SAFETY, MCDOWELL TRANSAXELS, ALUMNICRAFT RACECARS, FAST AID and all the volunteers who help and employeess who prep a great car and for awesome FAST pits! HUGE thanks to VINCE from American Tanks and ALL THE FUEL GUYS for THE BEST, FASTEST, SAFEST fueling system in the buisness!!!!

Videos are very late, sorry but hope you enjoy the passes! We started 22nd car, so we caught some good action! Here's to everyone who thinks I cheat, ENJOY!

PS, Shout out to McDeano LOL :D

Last edited:

deano

McDeano
RDC Crypto
Re: 2011 BAJA 1000 McMillin Racing 1/2-1600 Luke McMillin/Justin Smith VIDEO! (very l

Well late is better than never! Sorry for the 2 MONTH delay! haha My friend Chris had the entire video cut and it would NOT upload, so we asked CACTUS FILMS to REDO the ENTIRE video! HUGE THANKS to CACTUS FILMS for putting this video together! THERE ARE TWO PARTS! This is incar and outside footage from the first 150 miles or so....

Part One

[video=youtube;dbMoLBHI_Z0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbMoLBHI_Z0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Part Two

[video=youtube;DI664r36q2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI664r36q2k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Big thanks to everyone who helped us and our awesome sponsors! First of all a great co driver, JUSTIN "BEAN" SMITH for driving an awesome 2nd half! I drove the first 400 Miles and Justin took it in the last 300 to claim the victory! Big thank you to the AWESOME co riders CHRIS OLIMON who rode with me, truely an AWESOME codriver and of course NIC RIVALDI (tipracer here on RDC), who has been riding in our 1600 cars for years, thank you guys! And of course the BEST, BFGOODRICH TIRES, BAJA DESIGNS, FOX RACING SHOCKS, MAJOR PERFORMANCE RACING ENGINES, MASTERCRAFT SAFETY, MCDOWELL TRANSAXELS, ALUMNICRAFT RACECARS, FAST AID and all the volunteers who help and employeess who prep a great car and for awesome FAST pits! HUGE thanks to VINCE from American Tanks and ALL THE FUEL GUYS for THE BEST, FASTEST, SAFEST fueling system in the buisness!!!!

Videos are very late, sorry but hope you enjoy the passes! We started 22nd car, so we caught some good action! Here's to everyone who thinks I cheat, ENJOY!

PS, Shout out to McDeano LOL :D

aahhh luke you didn't have to shout out - you already made the Team ...........:cool:

harleys dad

RDC Crypto
Re: 2011 BAJA 1000 McMillin Racing 1/2-1600 Luke McMillin/Justin Smith VIDEO! (very l

love the sunset

LukeMcMillin83

RDC Crypto

aahhh luke you didn't have to shout out - you already made the Team ...........:cool:

HAHA! I felt obligated too! LOL

tcm glx- glad you liked the videos!

Dave- Yes the GOPRO hero 2 camera is awesome!

Dirtworks Films

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com

Badass!

JRod

fast-aid.org
RDC Crypto
Website
www.fast-aid.org

Killer vids bro! Thanks for the props - Enjoyed the "ride along"

Congrats on the championship - You know you can pass 10 and 1 cars in your 1600.... imagine what you'll do in a 1 car!

chickenlips

RDC Crypto

Great vid. Congrats on the season. Reminds of why I miss Baja so much. Such great terrain unlike anywhere else. If it didn't take sooooo much support to run those races I could actually go back.

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
RDC Crypto
Website
www.willhigman.com

Great driving Luke it was fun watching you carry the momentum…

1600 cars are awesome!

:)

Baja Jim

RDC Crypto

Luke, Great Video! Amazing how you can carry momentum and how calm you are in the car. Crazy moment when car rolled right in front of you! How many times during the race does that happen to all the competitors? Saw a 5 car drive through the weed in wash when you had to back up, then same 5 car behind you up the summit and then same 5 car behind you at finsih. Did you you know that you had a chase car behind you all the way? Just trying to look out for you!!

JasonHutter

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com

Really cool to watch!! Nice driving!

Jason

JCampbell

"1" time champ
RDC Crypto

Cheater motor!!!!!!! haha . U kids are fast

LukeMcMillin83

RDC Crypto

Cheater motor!!!!!!! haha . U kids are fast

O jeeze, never heard that one before! ;) haha! I'll let you in on a little secret! It's Called................................ MAJOR PERFORMANCE RACING ENGINES!!!!

JasonHutter

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com

After watching that video, it's like what we have to show the drivers at our second job up here in the mountains. (Paul and I work at the Aspen Motorsports Park) We hear all the time that another driver has an illegal engine or that they are down on power...... We can go pull both of their information from the computer and show them what happens when the other drivers computer shows them at 100% power probably a third of the time longer than the guy who lost! It sucks to be slow...... Sucks even worse when you can be shown why you are slow and you can't blame it on someone or something else!

Again, nice driving!!

Jason

JAM1600

RDC Crypto

Luke, you have become one of the most talented drivers in 1/2-1600 and always put yourself in position to win. Now if you are that fast with a Major Performance Motor just think how much faster you could be with a FAT MOTOR! I think the word would be "UNTOUCHABLE"
Great season by a great young man from GREAT FAMILY!

I hope 2012 brings you the same results and another championship!

LukeMcMillin83

RDC Crypto

Luke, you have become one of the most talented drivers in 1/2-1600 and always put yourself in position to win. Now if you are that fast with a Major Performance Motor just think how much faster you could be with a FAT MOTOR! I think the word would be "UNTOUCHABLE"
Great season by a great young man from GREAT FAMILY!

I hope 2012 brings you the same results and another championship!

Thanks for the compliments John. But I am convinced Major builds the best 1600 engine around, wouldn't go anywhere else.

And thanks Jim, funny how whether it's the 1000 or 500 we always end up at Ojos and the finish line, with our cars running together! haha

Last edited:

Baja Jim

RDC Crypto

Thanks for the compliments John. But I am convinced Major builds the best 1600 engine around, wouldn't go anywhere else.

And thanks Jim, funny how whether it's the 1000 or 500 we always end up at Ojos and the finish line, with our cars running together! haha

Yeh,
Maybe cause you roll around baja in my old pre-runner. Shows that 5 and 1600 are close. See you at Battle of Primm! One of the funnest races there is!!!