2012 MINT 400 Venue

misterktm

RDC Crypto
Sure would be nice to know how many miles/laps for this race...especially the 'slower' classess that will start early. Best in the Desert is asking for entry forms to be turned in early so they don't get flooded at the 11th hour......Well...If you tell us the stinking format, maybe we can figure out how many drivers/co-drivers we are going to use so we can fill out the darn entry form and get it in !

misterktm

RDC Crypto
I don't see where they tell us how many miles we are racing. I've seen rumors of 200 miles for the 'slower' classes, and I've seen rumors that everone will get the full 400 miles. I don't need 6 guys for 200 miles...if it's truely '400' miles..then I'll have 6 guys. Thats my problem. If you see this info on the web site, please advise. Thanks.

y2kbaja

RDC Crypto
Only info I see there is the questions in the OP.
"smaller classes start at 6am, larger race vehicle start at approx noon".
What constitutes a "smaller class"? The Jeepspeed and UTV entry says 2 laps. Someone else posted that that will have to be about 33 mph to finish 2 laps before noon.
Are other vehicles in the "smaller class"? how many laps for them? Will the course need to be cleared before the larger vehicles start?

misterktm

RDC Crypto
Ah ha...Didn't see the 2 laps on the jeepspeed entry form. OK - that pretty much seals the deal. We're doing the mint 200. I would guess jeepspeed and UTV's are the only ones doing the short version.

Thanks for pointing that out, that's what I was looking for.

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
RDC Crypto
Website
www.bitd.com
Honestly, call Casey and ask him. The person who compared the lap times for last year used a totally different course with a different promoter, so you really can't use those. And be flexible, sometimes things change and it could be for the better :) Casey is the only person with the plan and answers...

TexasBaja

RDC Crypto
Ah ha...Didn't see the 2 laps on the jeepspeed entry form. OK - that pretty much seals the deal. We're doing the mint 200. I would guess jeepspeed and UTV's are the only ones doing the short version.

Thanks for pointing that out, that's what I was looking for.

We also heard that they were running the 5 Unlimited's in the morning race as well. But like I said.. HEARD... I have not seen it in writing yet.

B-Dub 1020

RDC Crypto
Honestly, call Casey and ask him. The person who compared the lap times for last year used a totally different course with a different promoter, so you really can't use those. And be flexible, sometimes things change and it could be for the better :) Casey is the only person with the plan and answers...
Gurlie your so smart, and you make the best brownies !!!!!

KxKid

RDC Crypto
Oh and I am in trophylite too. Its because of the environment, since snore ruined the old course with too much veg destruction

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
RDC Crypto

Hey, I acknowledged that this course could be faster than the previous ones ;) But the math is still accurate regardless of the venue or promoter.

Assuming a 6 hour time limit (could be wrong, but that's what it appears like with the info given), the limited classes would have to have the following average mph's to finish:

400 miles: 66.7mph
300 miles: 50mph
200 miles: 33.3mph

Unless my assumption is wrong on the time limit, two laps is the only one that's even remotely doable but it would still have to be on a very fast course. Even then you're still going to see a very low finishing rate, particularly in JeepSpeed, 7100, 7300, etc.

Also, MADMEDIA in the other post just said this: "Looked at course today and it's rough. We will not blade it in between now and the race."

Eager to hear BITD's response to y2kbaja's email.

Pee Wee

RDC Crypto
I would guess they will draw the line at class 7200 or 8 for the second race to reduce traffic and make better video.
First race may or may not have class 10 as it's fastest class, if it is class 12 or 1100 I will pick a Trophylite as the overall winner first race.
And keep in mind that when working lap times and averages they don't count on you being finished before starting the big dogs.

Rick 1634

RDC Crypto
I spoke with Casey on Monday. First race will be 3 laps, 85 miles each

AndrewNeal

RDC Crypto
So us "smaller guys" race the Mint 250 with the same entry fee as the big guys racing all 400 miles?

Power Monkey

RDC Crypto
I spoke to BITD this week and it was confirmed that we would be in the early class. It sounded like there were some 5U guys that called and requested to run the 3 lap race. ??? With that we just could not make the long trip for a shorter race. It sucks a little since we were really looking forward to the "Mint 400" but we totaly respect the call the Casey has made. Good luck to everyone that's racing!

B-Dub 1020

RDC Crypto
Why would a 5u want to only do 3 laps. Bunch of la las' AJ Martin would want to do 5 laps and still fight Chuck Norris. If you dont do the whole race than really your just doing a little Jean race with Tech on Freemont right. Can someone explain why every vehicle does not start in the morning and race the whole race like the the real mint or the real Parker was. SNORE could do it for $800 entry fee just saying.

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
RDC Crypto
Website
www.bitd.com
Can someone explain why every vehicle does not start in the morning and race the whole race like the the real mint or the real Parker was. SNORE could do it for $800 entry fee just saying.

Explanation to follow... here's a little insight as to this year's split race format: THIS YEAR there is a 300 car cap for SAFETY reasons. For SAFETY reasons, you don't want more than 300 cars out on a +/-100-mile lap course at the same time - especially a course in the States (not an OHV area), where passing areas are limited due to tortoise habitat, etc. So in an effort to provide a SAFE course for everyone with this many entries, it has to be split like this. There were 170ish entries in the prior years - not 300. You could SAFELY race all of them at the same time. It was moved south due to all of the things that happened in years previously on the north side. Is it dead up north? Hopefully not, but it's going to take a lot of work to get that course back. Organizing a race this big is a huge undertaking as well. Anyone who says there's no difference between 150 and 300 entries doesn't know what they're talking about. Management is just as important as safety, as one is directly connected to the other. BITD is doing for what needs to be done in the face of both managability and safety. We currently have 223 entries at five weeks away...