2014 Dakar: Stage 11 Antofagasta -> El Salvador, Chile

Suhaib Kiani

RDC Crypto
Before this rally I was not really a fan of Sainz, I didn't even know all that much about the old man even though I had been seeing him for a long time and hearing his name for longer. This year he has definitely earned my respect for sticking it up to the Minis. Same goes for SMG, last year Chicheret and Chabot ran them well and I thought they looked kinda cool (for buglies i.e) but this year, I thought they were quite the best looking and best performing cars on the rally. I got the sense in recent years that Sanz gets a little grumpy and tired near the end of the Dakar, though he still fights hard. Last year he said he was not sure if he would return and this year his departure face expression is one I would probably remember for sometime. Anyways, Hats off to El Matador and I do hope to see him again next year!

Sainz.jpg

notime

NTR Films media guy
RDC Crypto
Website
www.codeoffroad.com.mx
I found this about Sainz:

http://www.carlos-sainz.com/noticia.php?id=2091

google translate: My translation of the translation - There was no gas station on the transit section, so he spent significant time finding one that was off the main route. He had to haul ass to make it to the control point to start the next section on time. He was whipping it to make up time and misjudged a blind corner. He then shat himself when he realized he wasn't going to make the turn.

more accurate, when he realize was short on time for the start he hauled ass, but got distracted putting his seat belts (Con todo ello íbamos justos de tiempo para llegar al control, y cuando me estaba poniendo el cinturón, en una curva cerrada tras un rasante, he volcado.) blind uphill and a closed turn and he rolled. hope to make the point.

Short Bus

RDC Crypto
more accurate, when he realize was short on time for the start he hauled ass, but got distracted putting his seat belts (Con todo ello íbamos justos de tiempo para llegar al control, y cuando me estaba poniendo el cinturón, en una curva cerrada tras un rasante, he volcado.) after a closed turn and he rolled.

I put the original Spanish quote hoping someone would do better than the google. Thx.

Offspring

RDC Crypto
more accurate, when he realize was short on time for the start he hauled ass, but got distracted putting his seat belts (Con todo ello íbamos justos de tiempo para llegar al control, y cuando me estaba poniendo el cinturón, en una curva cerrada tras un rasante, he volcado.) blind uphill and a closed turn and he rolled. hope to make the point.
Which also explain why he was injured and no mention of his navigator being injured. Thanks.

bufeo

RDC Crypto
BTW...all of the whiners and people complaining about dialog appear to have disappeared. I want to also thank Offspring for keeping us informed.

Well, I just returned from giving my dentist his down payment for a new truck but am quickly catching up thanks to all these good posts. My thanks, too.

Allen R

El-Todd

RDC Crypto
If ASO works with Robby on his time, he might almost have a open course in front of him. This might be interesting.

arqangel67

RDC Crypto
Looks like BJ didn't hang around for the end of the race...

Mouthfuls of glory.
Just touched down in Los Angeles.
After eating pre-digested prison food in the Bivouac for the last 10 days you can only imagine what this **
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!****
mexico-flag.png
¡Ay, caramba!** tastes like to me.
I feel like taking all my clothes off and sprinting through LAX screaming "AMERICA" with mouthfuls of frozen yogurt!!
Lol.
3 flights down, 1 to go before I'm home sweet home. Can't wait to surprise Ricochet.
‪#‎Vtown‬ ‪#‎merica‬ ‪#‎breakfastofchampions‬
View attachment 137751

What the f@%k? Who is Ricochet?

Sorry i just got caught up on today's stage.

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
Open course, but a very chewed course. I predict 20 mins down of the stage goes perfect. Subtracting any penalties of course.

Chase 2

RDC Crypto
Come on Chase, you are thinking that SPH is out of disrespect and say you are not a RG hater but you consistently call him Rubby or Robbie. I don't think I have ever seen you spell his name correctly... talk about hypocritical!!!
Actually Rubby was a term I picked up from Planet Robby (aka: "leg humper central") a couple of years ago when he was racing NASCRAP. It went something like this: "RG rubs on everyone, either in a good way, or a bad way, but no one remains un-rubbed on". Fitting don't you think?? Come out to a desert race, I'll buy you a beer and tell you what I really think and why I like to stir the pot. I digress.

Watching the stage 10 recap vid, I think the man has finally figgured out the Dakar. He is showing a major amount of respect for the other teams and how simply finishing a stage is a pretty big deal in of it's self.

I'm pretty disapointed that the Gordini did not live up to the hype, I honestly thought it was his best chance to date.