2014 Dakar: Stage 11 Antofagasta -> El Salvador, Chile

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
RDC Crypto
To me, 'HST' sounds like a venereal disease and 'Gordini' sound like the symptom.

It would go something like this, 'doctor I have this huge Gordini on my Willy Johnson.' And the doctor would say, 'son, it sounds like you have a HST.' 'Just take this prescription of a Mini- Hilux and see me next January.'

Chase 2

RDC Crypto
So RG said that he was going to take a "provisional" 3 place start today? Did he use that up with today's problems or not?

Chris Tobin

RDC Crypto
I noticed a cut on his forehead. I wonder if he had his helmet off at the time as well.

A lot of them take their helmets off during the liaison sections so it is a big possibility that he did have it off.

Chris Tobin

RDC Crypto
So RG said that he was going to take a "provisional" 3 place start today? Did he use that up with today's problems or not?

I think that was on a previous stage, but it got wasted too so to speak...

El-Todd

RDC Crypto
From the Dakar site. So it's pretty clear that even ASO knows minis plans. I would say that GDVs complaint that he was getting blocked hold water.

17:46 Cars: Top 6 in the general standings after stage 11
With his victory today, Orlando Terranova has put in a good performance and re-joins his team-mates at the top of the general standings. In fourth place ahead of Giniel de Villiers (1:15’57” behind Nani Roma), the Argentinean (1:03’39 from the front of the race) lies behind Nasser Al-Attiyah and is now in a position where he could threaten him on the next stage. It is difficult to imagine a change in the car general standings dominated by the Minis, in light of the instructions imposed by the management on its drivers. As a result, the gap between Nani Roma and Stéphane Petehansel loses its meaning in sporting terms.