• Forum membership has its advantages....

2014 Revised Pro Lite Tire Rule

Dirty*

Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series has updated the allowable tire sizes for the 2014 Pro-Lite class. The rule change is simple and done with every effort to ensure cost containment for the future of the Pro Lite Class. The basis behind the proposed change is to update the allowed tires that are to be ran, the 265-75-16 size tire can be ran on the front or rear. Plus, a 31x10.5-15” size tire on either the front or rear. Either size can be ran or positioned in any corner of the truck.
The rule would limit the maximum size wheel that would be allowed to be a 16” Max Diameter wheel as to not drive the cost of bigger brakes and other mechanical changes.
Track width will remain at 74” wide. Track width measurements will be inspected as they have been at the MAXIMUM widest part of the tire. That means the “go-no-go” gauge would have to clear from top of tire to the ground at the bottom and not hang up at any point.

Sincerely,
Ritchie Lewis
Director: Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series

CMI CHUCK

I spoke with Ritchie Lewis this morning and it is "NOT" a proposed rule, Those are the only 2 tire sizes that can be run in Pro Lite. Time to get busy!

down4glamis

wow... only 31s can be run in the pro-lite class? wow! that will change a lot of things!

down4glamis

that sucks, so the guys with light weight 15s and no oversized brakes are screwed. wow

all this really changes is you can run the 32's with 16' wheel in rear. allowing for bigger brakes in rear?
i thought the 15" wheels with 31"s laid a better footprint

GregFoutz

all this really changes is you can run the 32's with 16' wheel in rear. allowing for bigger brakes in rear?
i thought the 15" wheels with 31"s laid a better footprint
Sorry but no. The 32x11.5" tires are not allowed any longer.....

only the 265-75-16" or the 31x10.5-15" the only 2 sizes you can run. either of those sizes in any spot front or rear but only those 2 sizes.

JMS

I don't have a pony in this race...YET....but this rule seems kinda silly? Why the odd sizes? Why not just allow 33's? at this point the trucks with V8's are more mid sized trucks than "mini trucks" anyway. Is it an attempt to slow the trucks a bit? the only issue I see with that is it wont slow them just add more carnage as everyone will be spinning out from lack of traction? Seems like an ODD rule to me?

Ghost Ranger 77

Great News For Stock Mini's!! And Mike 33" tires mean more traction which means faster trucks more kids in the hospital. That's How Creighton King explained it.

CMI CHUCK

Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series has updated the allowable tire sizes for the 2014 Pro-Lite class. The rule change is simple and done with every effort to ensure cost containment for the future of the Pro Lite Class. The basis behind the proposed change is to update the allowed tires that are to be ran, the 265-75-16 size tire can be ran on the front or rear. Plus, a 31x10.5-15” size tire on either the front or rear. Either size can be ran or positioned in any corner of the truck.
The rule would limit the maximum size wheel that would be allowed to be a 16” Max Diameter wheel as to not drive the cost of bigger brakes and other mechanical changes.
Track width will remain at 74” wide. Track width measurements will be inspected as they have been at the MAXIMUM widest part of the tire. That means the “go-no-go” gauge would have to clear from top of tire to the ground at the bottom and not hang up at any point.

Sincerely,
Ritchie Lewis
KJ you need to remove the word proposed, Its misleading!

Dirty*

This is a confirmed change. Not proposed

Thanks Chuck.

Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series has updated the allowable tire sizes for the 2014 Pro-Lite class. The rule change is simple and done with every effort to ensure cost containment for the future of the Pro Lite Class. The basis behind the change is to update the allowed tires that are to be ran, the 265-75-16 size tire can be ran on the front or rear. Plus, a 31x10.5-15” size tire on either the front or rear. Either size can be ran or positioned in any corner of the truck.

Sincerely,
Ritchie Lewis

Pro2-54

Bobby Earl
Seems like a good change, time will tell. I'm still a proponent of DOT tires for Pro2 but I know most are not. Just seems like it would be cost effective and even the playing feild for those with unlimited motor budgets. Save a ton of money that could be put into actually supporting the teams financially, and from the stands you wouldnt know a differnence. And then the winning tire companies can brag they won on what you can buy, not on one off $1000 tires. Just my opinion.

dsrtdck

Every tire available for the pro life was an off the shelf tire. One tire maker doesn't make a 32x11.50 but they make a 31x10.50. Sea rules were changed to let that tire maker in the game and give them a chance.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today