2014 SEMA Photos

slanted66

I saw that John Force was supposed to announce a new manufacture to replace Ford at SEMA, however never saw anything. Any word?

Short Bus

I saw that John Force was supposed to announce a new manufacture to replace Ford at SEMA, however never saw anything. Any word?
http://www.hotrod.com/news/john-force-major-2015-sponsorship-announced/

Well not exactly the blockbuster announcement we were expecting, but PEAK Antifreeze + Coolant and BlueDEF brands will become the primary sponsor for John Force during the 2015 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series and beyond, as well as continuing as a major associate sponsor on Robert Hight, Courtney Force, and Brittany Force’s cars. "Thanks to PEAK Antifreeze + Coolant, I won't be hanging up my hat from this sport anytime soon,” said John Force, 16-time NHRA Funny Car champion and CEO of John Force Racing, Inc.

Chris Tobin

I heard Ford was leaving the team last year, but I guess they stayed on one more year after Force won another Championship. But if you notice, there are no "Blue Ovals" on Force's shirt or visible on the car, so I would think he is shopping for support from another manufacturer and no longer has support from Ford, but will not change the bodywork molds and such until they have another manufacturer lined up... If no other manufacturer surfaces my guess is that they will simply become JFR "Traxxas" Funny Cars much like the SST trucks Robby is running!!!!

Chris Tobin

Thanks Chris. I like the idea of running a Traxxas lid as long as the funding is there.
Not confirmed just a guess on my part... I would not be surprised to see it happen though...

The real questions are, why would Ford be willing to give up on a known winner like John Force and his talented team??? Is there really no money to be made in funding drag racing anymore? Are the Funny Cars so far from stock that it doesn't matter to the manufacturer to have their name on it??? If Ford pulls out will others follow??? Can anyone else get some of that Ford budget for other Motorsports???

baja619

NHRA is bleeding through the nose. It's expensive for the teams and the same old dumb dog and pony show every week.

I find it hilarious that JFR "John Force" logo is still running the X from Castrol X logo.

What about the AAA auto club sponsor support on the other cars. Will that be changing ?

Chris Tobin

AAA still shown on the shirt and car so I assume they are still involved...

One of the high performance Diesel shops I deal with a lot is located down the street from JFR and a lot of teams have folded allowing others to buy up equipment and shop space for pennies on the dollar!!! Only a few teams even had an open house this year for the Indy Labor Day weekend race. In the past JFR was huge and they did not have one.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
The amount of money it takes to run NHRA is ridiculous. Viewership is way way down. For the amount of money they spent on 1 team in NHRA, they could sponsor 4-5 off-road or rally teams. Have you noticed Ford Racing on Menzies trucks?

baja619

I know this is old news but the first I herd of it was yesterday.
To me, it is a little odd since Peak is a marketer of their own line of lube and oils.

John Force Racing adds Lucas Oil Products to sponsor list for 2015 NHRA campaign
AutoWeek.com November 15, 2014 - John Force Racing announced a multi-year sponsorship with Lucas Oil Products on Saturday at Pomona, California. The announcement makes Lucas Oil the “Official Oil of John Force Racing” and the Corona, California based company will have signage on all the John Force Racing Funny Cars and the Top Fuel dragster as well as driver uniforms and race transporters beginning in 2015.