2014 Silly Season - Official Thread - Rumors... Facts... Discussion

Dirty*

Reaction
With the 2013 Short Course Season recently wrapping up it seem as if truck racing is at it's all time high! The Robby Gordon SST series brought out some solid names and additional TV exposure to the short course scene. RG brought names that might not of tried there hand at this sport like Arie Luyendyk, Jr, Lalo Laguna, Davey Hamilton, Townsend Bell and others. Props to RG for his efforts, money and hard work as what he tried has been talked about for years. As far as the TORC series it has changed hands again but looks as if it's going in a better direction. Only time will tell as having a plan paper vs executing the plan are 2 different things. Props to TORC for bringing guys like Ricky Carmichael, James Stewart and Travis Pastrana to their series amongst other notable names. I have been able to be apart of the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series for 4 plus years and see this series as being the most stable package between sponsorship, tv and overall plan (IMO). I feel for 2014 the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing series will see major growth in all the classes especially the Prolite class. The Lucas Oil Off Road Racing series has the best and only farm system to create future champions.
(Karts and Regional Series)

Here's something to look at, In 2012 Sheldon Creed, Bradley Morris, and Kyle Hart raced Modified Karts! In 2013 Sheldon Creed hit the Prolite podium 9 times with 3 wins Bradley Morris hit the podium 14 times with 8 wins in the Prolite and Probuggy class. And Kyle Hart finished the season in 11th place with one podium in the Prolite division.

We have seen many changes with the implemation of the Prolite qualifying system top 20 to the main!! This was a big step as I remember in 2010 there was only 14 Prolites racing the final round of the LOORRS series now we have upwards of 28 trucks !!

LOORRS 2014 will be insane as these are some names that will be stepping up or coming back. (From what I have heard)

Prolite-

Jeremy "Twitch" Stenberg- Prolite

Brandon Author- Prolite

Myles Cheek- Prolite

Jeff Hoffman- Prolite

Brock Heger- Prolite Regional Series?

Gavin Harlien - Prolite

Scotty Steele- Prolite

Doug Mittag- Prolite Possibly?

????

????

Probuggy

Shelby Anderson - Maybe Probuggy?

????

????

????

Pro4-

Josh Merrell - New Program and Great sponsorship

????

????

????

Pro2-

Bryce Menzies- LOORRS full time

Jeremy Mcgrath - All new truck

????

????

Let's hear the facts! and Rumors!

baja619

Reaction
LOORRS 2014 Will be bigger and just keeps getting better!

rpm4life

Reaction
Nick Tyree said on FB he was going too race Lucas for 2014 . I'm going to be upset if Degan does not use Cup money to make a Pro 4

Dirty*

Reaction
Nick Tyree said on FB he was going too race Lucas for 2014 . I'm going to be upset if Degan does not use Cup money to make a Pro 4
Nice RPM4Life. I also heard Twitch will be pitted with Matt Cook (Pro2 driver) under the Ethika brand. I'm going to assume Matt will be racing LOORRS also.

baja619

Reaction
I understand that Lucas Oil Products is helping two different racers that are graduating to ProLite. Gavin Harlien and Scotty Steele were both notable drivers coming from the Modified Kart Division and spent a couple years in the class. They also both spent a lot of time racing full LOORRS Campaings as well as So Cal & ASCC Regionals.

dbq61537

Reaction
The new TORC website (which looks great) showed only a 7 weekend schedule. With the season ending at Crandon.

Another page said that TORC was going to sanction an event (for Pro4, 2, and lite) at X-Games Dallas.

Dirty*

Reaction
2014 will be an interesting year.
I'm going to go out on a limb and claim

35 Prolites at round 1 of the LOORR Series
(27 at round 1 2013)

20 Pro2's
(17 at round 1 2013)

14 Pro4s
(10 at round 1 2013)

Dirty*

Reaction
I'm excited about the X-Games deal with TORC. Not stoked that it's the same weekend as the Baja 500 though.
Yeaa Pat It will be pretty cool. I can't hate on that. This will be tons of great exposure for short course "If it happens"

PDANK Racing

Reaction
One I heard a while ago,
Rumor is that the Traxxas deal has been going south because Mike Jenkins got caught messing around with Kelli Snyder...

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
One I heard a while ago,
Rumor is that the Traxxas deal has been going south because....
Easy easy ... There are only 2 people who know the true story, both of which don't post on the board. Might want to re-word that statement ..

tyler93

Reaction
I think Mcgraths pro2 in Currie's tent at Elsinore had Maxxis stickers on it. Will Currie be going Maxxis?

Dirty*

Reaction
Got a call from a really solid desert racer looking to race LOORRS in 2014!

vegasloki

Reaction
Pastrana just called it quits in circle track. From his Facebook (emphasis mine...)

“I hate to quit and I hate to fail, but sometimes things work out as they should,” Pastrana wrote. “I've never been able to figure out the finesse required in pavement racing and that is disappointing, but I'm looking forward to driving more rally and racing more off-road trucks and there will be some announcements on those fronts shortly!”

racefan2041

Reaction
Wow, there IS one thing in this world that guy can't drive.
I wouldn't doubt that he ends up with Menzies. They have
similar sponsors. I'm just guessing.

PDANK Racing

Reaction
Wow, there IS one thing in this world that guy can't drive.
I wouldn't doubt that he ends up with Menzies. They have
similar sponsors. I'm just guessing.
Bryce already drives for Pastrana in GRC, so if Pastrana goes short course, your assumption is probably correct.

Dirty*

Reaction
Bryce already drives for Pastrana in GRC, so if Pastrana goes short course, your assumption is probably correct.
The question is where will he race? On the East coast, West coast or both? Either way it will be cool to see him race full time.