2015 BOR Mike Hickey Memorial Vernal Dinosaur Dash

harleys dad

Reaction
you have a type 1 Vw trans in your 1600 car??????????????????????WHY???????????????????????????????

JasonHutter

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
That's what it came with Dave!! Also, it's my wife's race car and you know all my $$$ goes toward the one I drive!! The truck! Ha! I can say that here because she doesn't frequent this site... You have a bus box you want to give me!?! I'll be happy to put it in there!

Jason

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

harleys dad

Reaction
That's what it came with Dave!! Also, it's my wife's race car and you know all my $$$ goes toward the one I drive!! The truck! Ha! I can say that here because she doesn't frequent this site... You have a bus box you want to give me!?! I'll be happy to put it in there!

Jason

I understand the money part of putting a bus trans but look at the money spent to almost 99 percent sure it will break. Even a stock bus trans will keep going. I see them in the classifieds here on RDC with close 3-4 for 6- 800 bucks. I use to sit out races to afford better pieces. A car that keeps going is much more fun

QurtysLyn

Reaction

Here's some video from Dallas (who also does the artwork for the shirts and fliers), from a couple different spots on the course, down the big hill, through the wash, and up and down the Bobsled.

DeanB

Reaction
This was my first race in years. My kids and I had a blast. We can't wait to get out and race again. Thank you for all the hard work by the volunteers that made this race happen and keeping the cost down.

Blakely Bros

RickB

Reaction
What hasn't been mentioned is the pits had complete hookups (sewer, power, water) at no charge. There is at least 2 more pit areas also with complete hook ups and not a soul was using them.

JasonHutter

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
We tried to use the power... We have two A/C units on top of the trailer. We had to stretch too many extension cords to find one that had power... Just need to park closer to one that works next year! Nice to have though, keeps all the generators in the trailer!

Jason

_TimS

Reaction
Glad you made it out, Jason. This year power wasn't advertised and was a nice bonus. We knew there were some power stations not working. The county was awesome to provide these free of charge.

I made the suggestion that next year, we charge a nominal fee for guaranteed power To help pay for usage fees. I have no control of that, but made the suggestion. I figure I'd burn at least 10 gallons a day running a generator capable of powering an a/C unit.

I know this race was a test, for the racers, the organizers, and the county who owns the land. County was happy from what I hear. Organizers are confident we can take racer's input and make a better event next year.

I was very happy to see and meet racers from Colorado and Utah who could have a race venue close to home.

The short course format was different for me, but worked well in my limited car. I also know BOR is looking at options to expand the course onto BLM land so dust can be more spread out.

Lots of potential here! But I also enjoyed this year very much.

richard cretsinger

Reaction
Thank you Borr for putting a race on in memory of my Uncle Mike, I know Bo and I really appreciate it. He loved offroad racing more then anyone I know.

For our team, we had a brand new truck out there and it showed, with very little test time we did not do so well. We will get it together and be at the next one for sure.

JasonHutter

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Paul and I were talking and wished our "new" old truck wasn't being a pain in the butt! We struggled with radiator and alternator issues leading up to the start of our first heat. (This includes two alternators that failed the part stores test new out of the box!) These issues kept us from being very social and that was a bummer! Needless to say we made the start line only to have the gear shifter brake on the shift from first to second right on the start! It broke just below the pivot point and was welded back together to get us to the start of our second heat. Paul finally got to go out and put a few laps on the truck and it finally did pretty well. I'm sure we will be back as it's the closest race we have ever had to home! Thanks BOR for putting on the event! We hope to make a better showing next time and get the chance to talk to some new folks!

Jason

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
Thank you everyone for the positive comments, this race was a HUGE success for BOR. Uintah County is thrilled and wants us back. We also recognize the things that didn't go so well, and those will be corrected. Thank you so much for coming out, can't wait for next year!

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
The biggest challenge with Eagle Mountain is private land ownership. We'll discuss at next week's meeting. The plan is to set up another meeting with the locally interested parties after that.

All said, there's a great opportunity there, we just need help with the land owners, including BLM.

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
Also a reminder for those local to SLC, our next meeting is on July 14,7 PM at Ken Garff Mitsubishi in Salt Lake. Our main goal for this meeting is to figure out what went well and not so well in Vernal, figure out plans for future races there, plan out how we work out future dealings with the BLM in Utah and Nevada to open up more land for racing in the future. As always, we appreciate any and all input!