1. Forum membership has its advantages....
    Dismiss Notice

2015 Dakar Rally - Dream Racer DVD Giveaways!

Discussion in 'Rally Raid' started by CBVRacing, Jan 3, 2015.

1. notime

notime NTR Films media guy

Stage 13

1 GDV
    2 Terranova
    3 Gordon
    4 Nasse
    5 Peterwheasel

2. CBVRacing

CBVRacing Well-Known Member

Given that the last special was cut short to a historically 34 Kms due to rain and mud, and given that bla bla bla...

....we have a Winner for the lucky last Stage 13. Chris Tobin please PM me an address to send you the DREAM RACER. The only film in the 37 years history of the Dakar Rally that has been internationally acclaimed, received 7 nominations and won 3 awards.

This is a film much bigger than the Dakar Rally that you will want to watch more than once!

Note to all, the RDCers Top 5 Contributors competition will continue until Sat 24 Jan. So let's be nice and vote for 5 valuable contributors :)

If you want to order the Dream Racer DVD or Blu-Ray simply go to www.dreamracer.tv (shipping daily worldwide).

(+1) 1 person likes this.
  3. Chris Tobin

Chris Tobin Well-Known Member

AWESOME!!!

So looking forward to watching the DVD!!!

Thanks a ton! PM sent, well actually conversation started...

(+2) 2 people like this.
  4. CBVRacing

Chris, the DREAM RACER DVD is on its way to you :)

(+2) 2 people like this.
  5. T-Hawk

T-Hawk Well-Known Member

1. Offspring
    2. Nimrod
    3. Ferrari333sp
    4. RGFan
    5. John bitting

Thanks to all who contrbuted : )

6. Ferrari333SP

Ferrari333SP Well-Known Member

Was the final DVD awarded?

7. Chris Tobin

The movie arrived from Australia a few days ago, but I have been swamped with articles on deadline and we haven't had the chance to watch it yet. I will review it when I get a chance to finally breathe again in a couple weeks!!!

8. bajaherbie

bajaherbie Well-Known Member

send it to me, i'll review it!!!

9. Chris Tobin

Nope, you gotta pick up you own copy. My autographed copy is not leaving the premises!!! jajaja

10. T-Hawk

T-Hawk Well-Known Member

I believe Ferrari is asking about a 2nd DVD that was to be awarded to the person voted as the top contributor to the rally here on RDC.

11. Brian1

Brian1 Well-Known Member

I came home from King of the Hammers and found the DVD in my mail but I have not had the chance to watch it yet either. Thanks again!

12. CBVRacing

Guys, my mistake... 2 is a race and we had 4 RDCers put forward 5 contributors.

Our winners:
    Offprings: 4 votes and 4 x 1st -- clearly the winner ;)
    Ferrari333: 3 votes
    Nimrod: 2 votes
    T-Hawk: 2 votes
    Dirty Harry: 2 votes

The ones that will have to shell out $25 LOL to see Dream Racer are:
    Saulenis: 1 vote
    J.D.: 1 vote
    RacingOne: 1 vote
    Petepecas: 1 vote

To the top 5 up there, please PM me an address and the Dream Racer DVD will go out to you straightaway.

p.s. Chris, great answer to bajaherbie :) c'mon, it's not an easy fit to come with the budget, every dollar will help in my 2016 Dakar race! Now you not only need to buy a DVD but get yourself a t-shirt as well from www.dreamracer.tv jajaja!!!

13. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Well-Known Member

Wow thanks! PM inbound.

14. CBVRacing

Offspring, Dirty Harry, your Dream Racer DVD is on its way to you ;)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    (+2) 2 people like this.
  15. Chris Tobin

Christophe,

We finally had the time to watch the movie this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it!!! We can see why it won awards and it was cool to see Simon transform from someone looking to make a documentary on some crazy guy and his racing dreams to a real enthusiast for the adventure that is "The Dakar"!!! We were on the edge of our seat's cheering you on through the pain and problems that you encountered and overcame throughout your campaign!

I wholeheartedly recommend anyone with an interest in the Dakar Rally wanting to see a true privateer approach to the race pick up a copy of the movie! You will be glad that you did!!! I would give the movie 3.5 out of 4 stars, with my only reservation due to the abundance of F-bombs that flow particularly from Simon that are completely unnecessary...

Thanks again for my autographed copy of Dream Racer we will treasure it!!!

16. CBVRacing

T-Hawk, thanks for the PM and message... Your Dream Racer DVD is leaving today! :)

Chris, many thanks for the review, I am glad you enjoyed Dream Racer!!!

17. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Well-Known Member

Christophe I finally had the opportunity to watch your wonderful movie. I will confess that my wife was hesitant to sit through a racing movie, but Dream Racer is so much more than that and she was moved to tears by the end of the movie when you reach the finish line. I was actually at the rally in 2010 when it was filmed and our MAN truck made a short cameo when Simon was crossing into Chile too!

What a beautiful story about the power of will and never giving up. You truly embody the spirit of the Dakar Rally. And you are one tough SOB!

(+2) 2 people like this.
  18. Offspring

Offspring Well-Known Member

Good reminder Mr Harry! I've seen a couple of Dakar documentaries from Africa to now South America and each time I wonder what the angle will be. How can anybody cover this massive event? Christophe and Simon, I've got to believe have captured the constant onslaught that has to be Dakar, from months and months ahead of time, deadlines, sponsorship, logistics, and the rest of life put on hold. I'm always left wondering "what was left on the cutting room floor? You guys did a great job of telling a story that encompasses all aspects of this race, but had to get it to fit into a movie time frame, I don't know how one would even go about that! It was a great story, and a very easy one to watch again and again. Thank again!

(+2) 2 people like this.
  19. CBVRacing

Thanks guys for the great reviews, much appreciated!

Dirty Larry, your last sentence means a lot to me. Funny you said that because we have a t-shirt on the website with it :)

True Dakar Spirit_v3.jpg

20. Bull-dust

Bull-dust Well-Known Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted