• Forum membership has its advantages....

2015 Robby Gordon SST schedule

Bricoop

There is a difference between being realistic and being naive. I don't dislike Gordon, I'm just not joining the RDC Robby Gordon Reacharound Society. I like the SST concept I just wish the business could sustain an all stadium series instead of the rally cross format they had to switch to.

As for who put on a better show, that's in the eye of the beholder. If your opinion is that it's a better show, that's fine. As for being invited to the XGames, I don't know that long term it's something that's beneficial to any motorsport. Sure there are eyes on it but how many of those are converted to new fans? It could be that GRC didn't think the effort was worth it. Could be XGames didn't want them back. The Red Bull marketing machine has some of the most sophisticated resources to measure ROI for the various series and events they sponsor. Automatically assuming that it wasn't their choice or that platform was right for them is wide of the mark.
When GRC joined the X-Games it quickly became my favorite event. Out of curiosity, did you watch the 2 different series race at the X-Games in 2014? I thought there was a distinct difference between the 2 events and that includes the downtime they had to cut. I can imagine being there it was even worse.

I'm looking forward to SST getting back into Stadiums this year.

dbq61537

The original Stadium Super Truck schedule, from the first season, had Soldier Field in Chicago on it. I was looking forward to it. But got pulled at the last second.

I hope they can try again in the future.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

vegasloki

When GRC joined the X-Games it quickly became my favorite event. Out of curiosity, did you watch the 2 different series race at the X-Games in 2014? I thought there was a distinct difference between the 2 events and that includes the downtime they had to cut. I can imagine being there it was even worse.

I'm looking forward to SST getting back into Stadiums this year.
I saw both.

sb4pro

Just got this tweet the SSTs have arrived in Australia
Clipsal 500 (@Clipsal500) tweeted at 8:40pm - 19 Feb 15:

Spotted! @RobbyGordon's own Stadium Super Truck has arrived at the track. @SSuperTrucks #Clipsal500 pic.twitter.com/MzvQYKnBSj ()

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download?s=18

Sent from my iPad

Chris Tobin

The ratings and response to the SST vs the GRC at X-Games is all the clairvoyance I need. I know you hat all things RG is involved in, but you have to admit that at X-games the SSTs were better racing and a better show than GRC!!!

The GRC schedule does not indicate an event that could fit into the X-Games timing and schedule and are in fact in Daytona, FL near that time, so it would seem that GRC was not invited back to X-Games. Since the new SST schedule has an allocation for a Texas event during the time X-Games will be happening it is pretty safe to ASSUME that SST is in negotiations with X-Games to be included once again. Do you actually disagree, or is it just your nature to post negative comments about anything associated with RG???
All you had to do is watch both shows to see SST was way better than the GRC . Damn GRC cars couldn't make the 1st turn without losing 1/2 the field . Yes I AM A ROBBY FAN ! , but just plain common sense shows the results .
Apparently Scott Rhen is not a fan of ours sb4pro!!!! He disliked both of these posts... I wonder what bothered him about them. Atleast we know who did it even if we don't know why. I would think he would have replied to them with a statement backing up his dislike, but chose to drop the dislike and back out of the thread. At least vegasloki has reasons when he say's that we are just RG worshipers... Anyhow, we've both got viewable dislikes for rather sedate comments. I thought it was kind of weird, but it's probably just me...

sb4pro

Apparently Scott Rhen is not a fan of ours sb4pro!!!! He disliked both of these posts... I wonder what bothered him about them. At least we know who did it even if we don't know why. I would think he would have replied to them with a statement backing up his dislike, but chose to drop the dislike and back out of the thread. At least vegasloki has reasons when he say's that we are just RG worshipers... Anyhow, we've both got viewable dislikes for rather sedate comments. I thought it was kind of weird, but it's probably just me...
I'll probably get a few more dislikes for this too , but it's just plain and simple ...... THE TRUTH HURTS !
We've both been RG fans long enough to know that's theres always gonna be Robby haters no matter what , whether Robby does something good for offroad racing or not . Some people just don't like him for whatever reason , some people are jealous of him , and some just dislike him cause they root for another driver . Robby has always been the guy to go against the grain and do things his own way and not everyone is cool with that . Just look at his years in NASCRAP , NOT ONCE did Robby ever catch a break yet he continued to soldier on . All I can say is it's for those same reason that I RESPECT ROBBY , THAT I AM A FAN OF HIS , AND THAT I WILL CONTINUE TO ROOT FOR HIM NO MATTER WHAT ! Let the haters hate , it's us REAL ROBBY FANS that know the truth .

MCM MOTORSPORTS

Our trophy trucks are pretty much all 6100 trucks. Our tracks are a fair bit tighter plus they are limited to 6 litre v8 or 3.5 litre twin turbo. No one really has the turbo set up working in a truck. Well not yet. So they are unfortunately well down on power on most of the v6 tt buggies.

As for the SST. I reckon they will be putting on a much better show than the aussie V8 Supercars.