• Forum membership has its advantages....

2015 Silverado 1500 Long Travel Opinions

TheAZCowboy

Howdy all,

I'm looking for opinions on what long travel to go with for my 2015 Silverado 1500 2WD.

So far I'm looking at CWF Offroad's "bolt on" kit paired with their new King 3.0s that are coming out soon. In my research they seem to make some good stuff but I wanted to get some real world opinions.

I'm really looking to keep the truck as low profile as possible, therefore, I will probably keep the stock bedsides, most likely staying with 35's, and I want to keep the ride height as low as possible.

My overall budget (not including wheels, tires, front glass, and regearing) is around $10k.

Any input would be much appreciated!

TheAZCowboy

I forgot to mention a little about myself:

I'm out of Phoenix Arizona, born and raised here. Huge fan of anything in the desert including offroading, guns, hiking, etc. I'm also a huge believer of doing things the right way, the first time; "buy once, cry once".

Thanks,
Ryan

TylerP

My buddy has the CWF kit on his 09 and it hauls ass. I mean hes only getting like 15" out of the kit with the stock coil bucket and their coilovers but its a pretty good setup. I think he paid close to $5k for that, so if you just did Deavers, a shackle/hanger kit, a bedcage and shocks you should be pretty good for your 10K mark. Especially if you did some shopping and got some stuff second hand.