• Forum membership has its advantages....

2016 BITD Laughlin Desert Classic

Klaus

Administrator
Corrected Timing: <LINK TO RDC>

Schedule of Event: <PDF>

Thursday 05.05.2016
11:00-13:00: Registration for Qualifying
13:15: Qualifying
18:00: Method Race Wheels welcome party at main parking area

Friday 05.06.2016
08:00-10:00 Poker Run
09:00-18:00 Contingency and Tech inspection
18:16 Mandatory drivers meeting

Saturday and Sunday 5.07.3016 - 05.08.2016
06:00 Group 1: 1200, 1700, 2000, 3000, 3700, 4700, 6000, 8100, Vintage
08:00 Group 2: 900, 1800, 1900, 2900
10:00 Group 3: 1000, 1100, 2400, 5000, 7200
12:00 Group 4: 1500, 6100, 8000
14:00 Group 5: 1400/Trick Truck

Sunday 05.08.2016
18:00 Awards presentation at Harrah's Laughlin convention center

BITD Final Information Package <PDF>

Entry List <PDF>

Current points standings <PDF>

Map: <PDF>
BITD-Part-Map.jpg

Last edited:

pdailey

Racer
Is it just me or is this ZERO buzz about the race? Hardly see anything on social media and the only thing going is this thread. I would have expected much more since this is a new race for BITD. Good looking entry list too.

John Bitting

Administrator
Is it just me or is this ZERO buzz about the race? Hardly see anything on social media and the only thing going is this thread. I would have expected much more since this is a new race for BITD. Good looking entry list too.
Its just as dead out here. Qualifying was so so on a short very straight course that took under 3 minutes to complete.

John Bitting

Administrator
LOL. Hopefully it picks up tomorrow. I'm sure Robby Hendrickson will come in here and tell everyone they went to the wrong Laughlin. That will spice it up.
It definitely does not have the SNORE feel out here yet. Hopefully more people will be here tomorrow.

TrevorPiggott

Watching the timing earlier it looked like class 1s all went before TTs. Is that the way they did it? No Dondel?

Last edited:

ndvalium

Rescue Director
From my opinion, with the amount of entries the racing will be great in each of the heats. From a operational perspective, limited spectators makes for a easier day for most of us. We can focus on the racing.

The weather is a mess and at least to me is not optimal for most to enjoy this race. Today was hot and windy. Tomorrow is rain. And just hot on Saturday and Sunday. A month earlier weather wise would have been much better but there is only so much time in the calendar. We have a few changes for 2017 that we are going to try but nothing firm yet.

I think this race for all of us is our sleeper race in the schedule because there is so many unknowns with the first time for BITD here. It is the smallest race we do yet has more permits and red tape than any other race Casey works on. Plus new race course for the first time in many years.

People may not be talking about it today but I anticipate Monday it I'll have a lot of chat!

David Nehrbass

Motorsports Safety Solutions

offroadracer516

LOL. Hopefully it picks up tomorrow. I'm sure Robby Hendrickson will come in here and tell everyone they went to the wrong Laughlin. That will spice it up.
What are you talking about Pat? This is the pinnacle of the sport. lmao Rage had close to 400 entries by the way :D I wont comment on the very short qualify course. Lets just hope the whole race course is not a flat graded road.

pdailey

Racer
From my opinion, with the amount of entries the racing will be great in each of the heats. From a operational perspective, limited spectators makes for a easier day for most of us. We can focus on the racing.

The weather is a mess and at least to me is not optimal for most to enjoy this race. Today was hot and windy. Tomorrow is rain. And just hot on Saturday and Sunday. A month earlier weather wise would have been much better but there is only so much time in the calendar. We have a few changes for 2017 that we are going to try but nothing firm yet.

I think this race for all of us is our sleeper race in the schedule because there is so many unknowns with the first time for BITD here. It is the smallest race we do yet has more permits and red tape than any other race Casey works on. Plus new race course for the first time in many years.

People may not be talking about it today but I anticipate Monday it I'll have a lot of chat!

David Nehrbass

Motorsports Safety Solutions
I hope! You are literally the only person I saw posting stuff today!