• Forum membership has its advantages....

2016 F1 predictions

bajaherbie

WOW...NICO is leaving F1!
Shocked to say the least! One report say Hamilton 'forced' nico to retire!

Nico has the coolest gloves ever! Big ol' Rolex watch printed on one glove! (May be a different brand of watch)

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

nimrod

KOOK!
Who's gonna get the seat at Mercedes? I think they bite the bullet for 1 year with a young gun and then go shopping big time next year. I'd love to see Alonso take it to Hammy.

bajaherbie

No big names available for next season.... be great to see Rossi get the seat but I doubt that it will happen.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

standfast

I would like to see Ricciardo get that seat. Lots of changes to come for next years cars though. The RB13 could be the hot ticket come 17. I hope it brings a swing of the pendulum. A little bored with the Merc dominance.

freddy

Bottas will probably get the seat. Won't know anything before January though.

Mad Max for the championship in 2017! :)

Bricoop

I don't forsee anyone getting more than a 1 year contract. A lot of drivers signed on to their teams right before the end of the season. I think (hope) Alonso gets the seat.

I look forward to Carols Sainz Jr getting a real seat. He's on the same level as Max, IMO.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
I agree with you re Sainz. Very fast and when his car didn't break he was as fast as MV. I also think Perez deserves a better seat some day. He has proven to be very quick.

Bricoop

I agree with you re Sainz. Very fast and when his car didn't break he was as fast as MV. I also think Perez deserves a better seat some day. He has proven to be very quick.
Max and Carlos in the wet are absolutely incredible to watch. I can't remember which race it was in, but in 2015 he got some camera time at a wet race and the car control he demonstrated was fantastic, it was that race that sold me on his talent.

DeRaRa

I think Nico's replacement will be Pascal Wehrlein great young driver former DTM champ.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Possibly. Williams uses Mercedes engines and so the contract buyout could simply be a discount on 2017 engines in a non-cash transaction. But I agree that it is complicated. Lance Stroll and the whole Williams team will need a veteran to replace Bottas if he leaves. In this game of chess, there is also a rumor that Massa might 'un-retire' to back for Bottas, should he leave. Regardless, it will be fun to watch!

freddy

And Toto Wolf is (or was) also Bottas manager, so that might help. If Mercedes want Bottas bad enough (money talks) they will get him, the question is if they think he's worth it, cheaper to go with Wehrlein I assume.

DeRaRa

I would love to see Bottas in a competitive car, I believe he is being held back by the performance of the Williams in 2016 they looked better in 2015.