• Forum membership has its advantages....

2016 Jump Champs Weekend

JumpChamps

Hello race fans! The Jump Champs would like to formally introduce itself by letting you know about our upcoming inaugural Jump Champs weekend! Get ready for the biggest off-road event in Southern California that is long overdue! May 7 – 8, 2016 at Glen Helen Raceway, The Jump Champs is the premiere off-road experience where YOU, the fans, can finally be a part of the action and actually USE YOUR TRUCK!

The Jump Champs weekend will be a two-day event. SATURDAY will include a time trials course where you will be racing solely against the clock on this exciting course that is over one mile long with long straight-aways, sandy washes, and hairpin turns. Drivers will have multiple runs around our course. Laps are just under 2 minutes. A video example of the Time Trials course is available on our WEBSITE under "events".

Stick around that night for a thrilling straight rhythm style invitational race where the biggest names in the off-road industry will contend in a head-to-head exhibition while you enjoy the music and company of your friends! More information to come!

SUNDAY is the main event; The Jump Champs! There will be two take off ramps, a 10 foot take off and 4 foot take off. The lips off the jumps will be perfectly groomed for trucks to take off smoothly with a flat landing. Expect the ability to reach speeds of 75+ mph for the big take off and cover up to 120 feet or MORE! The smaller take off will be used for the daily driver type vehicles and will be geared more for distance than height. For those brave souls willing to take their chances off the big lip, they will be skying their trucks up and out! All events, Time Trials and Jump Champs, will include prizes for the top drivers in the class.

The best part of this event? We want YOU to enter! We are hosting a variety of classes ranging from pre-runners, race trucks, UTVs, rock crawlers, Raptors, and everything in between! Our entry fees are only $100 per vehicle, per driver, per event. This means one truck can be driven with multiple drivers as long as entry fees have been paid. It is just $200 to race two awesome events while getting the opportunity to show off in front of your friends and families! That is much cheaper than most two-day race entry fees! An official entry list is already up and available on our website.

In regards to tech/safety requirements, there is NO door-to-door racing which means fuel cells, cages, and fire suits are NOT required. You will need a helmet, close toed shoes, pants, and working seat belts. At this time we are not allowing passengers in order to keep entry fees down.

Camping is FREE and available all weekend, and it is only $10 for each person to attend the event per day! Enter ASAP as we will be having entry limit caps due to the overwhelming enthusiasm about this event!

Want in the action? Keep in touch with us on Facebook, Instagram, and stay tuned for new exciting features to our event as they become available. Visit our website to find all current information: www.TheJumpChamps.com

There is also an opportunity to be a part of the event. The Jump Champs Paddock will be hosting sponsors and vendors to interact with participant and spectators. EMAIL US at [email protected] to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Thank you for your interest and we look forward to seeing you at The Jump Champs!

Facebook : www.facebook.com/TheJumpChamps

Instagram : @JumpChamps #jumpchamps

AZ7000'

Holy flatbill!!!

Should be exciting!

JumpChamps

Just to expand on the event...

So far there are only a few people brave enough to enter for the jump contest, almost all of the entries are for the time trial. This surprised us and shows that there is a strong demand from those people that are part of the crowd at all of the events that the off-road community puts on. This event is focused on bringing the pit crew, the spectators and the enthusiast to come out and use their truck! The time trial course is not meant to cause carnage or damage a vehicle; its designed to allow people to have a level field of competition and BE the show for once. There are a lot of big companies getting behind the event to make the experience even more involved for the participant.

We are excited to see the UTV, Raptor owners, and casual pre-runner owner excited to be part of it. The goal is not to focus on the racers who already have many platforms to gain their fame or battle in their trucks; we want all the people that go to the Off-road Expo, go to Supercross or like to go out and enjoy the desert. What is the point of having a toy and spending money on upgrades and not having a place to show it off? Well here is the chance to BE the show! There are photographers, industry leading companies and big name drivers all coming out to help make this a success. I hope the friends on RDC will jump on board too. Take care!

WickedGravityVideo

I am only a keyboard racer, but i have seen lots of trucks jump and I question your use of the word "lip". I have never seen any trucks go off anything at 75mph but fairly straight ramps with no lips. Are you hoping for backflips?

I am looking forward to this competition and hope many enter the jump-off. My money is on Todd Wyllie in Frankenstein, no question!
derooy Dakar SCORE Baja 500.jpg

JumpChamps

It says "lip" but it will be like the old jump at ROR, the original Laughlin Leap or the dyke jump at BAP. Not looking to send people on to their bumpers. Our team has launched off of all 3 of them and know that to put on a show its gotta be something that everyone can have a chance at booting.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

buckwild

This is the same weekend as METHOD RACE WHEELS LAUGHLIN DESERT CLASSIC MAY 5, 6, 7, 8, 2016 Good luck with that

John Bitting

Administrator
This is the same weekend as METHOD RACE WHEELS LAUGHLIN DESERT CLASSIC MAY 5, 6, 7, 8, 2016 Good luck with that
I think they are targeting a different demographic than someone that races BITD or SCORE. Might hurt spectators though. Hopefully not.

baja619

I was thinking the exact same thing john. The jump champs seems like more of an event for everyone in scene and who wants to be part of the scene, not just full time desert racers.

Also I know that the off-road calendar is pretty packed as is Glen Helens schedule. It is what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JDDurfey

I would imagine there are a lot of "dune racers" with their "pre-runners" that will show up to an event like this. In the southeast they have "mudfest", maybe this could rival that. A whole bunch of rednecks with pick ups swinging their tallywhackers at each other to see who has the biggest, er I mean fastest. Some chicks in bikini tops with butt cheeks hanging out of their daisy dukes thrown in.

JumpChamps

The Jump Champs is going down in just a few short weeks on May 7th & 8th and this inaugural event is going big in a good way. With a solid cast of well recognized off road enthusiast and highly motivated go getters filling out the official competitors’ entry list, The Jump Champs is pleased to announce 80 pre-registered commitments that will be competing in a variety of motorsport contests and competitions.

These daring fanatics are rolling out all kinds of off road equipment to go big and be the show. Participants have their choice to enter two designated contests open for entry (separated by vehicles specific classes). Taking place on Saturday, May 7, The Time Trials is a timed event, testing speed and performance over a 1.3 mile off road course featuring obstacles, jumps, high speed straight-a-ways, banked corners, and desert sand wash terrain. The weekend will culminate with The Jump Champs, a competition for long distance measured vehicle jumps. There will be various awards assigned to compliment these events such as free races at Pole Position, Raceway Rugged Radio Bucks, and much more.

There truly is much to be excited about as The Jump Champs has formed a bountiful partnership with many strong influencing name brands that have signed on to make this a fun worthwhile event and rewarding for the competitors. Come to check our products on display and on the track! At The Jump Champs, expect to see name brand, top of the line components, and companies placing their athletes and vehicles out on the track showing why they dominate the market. The Fan Paddock will be lined up with rigs from 4 Wheel Parts, King Racing Shocks, Rigid Industries LED Lighting, Gibson Performance Exhaust, Rugged Radios, Artic Cat, FiberwerX, Tubeworks, and many more. There will be a ton of products on display, show vehicles lined up, interactive games to play and prizes to be won. Prepare for an experience like never before. We also need to recognize and thank our other supporters who have all contributed in a big way; Monster Energy, Pole Position Raceway, Toyo Tires, Method Race Wheels, Hangar 24 Craft Brewery, Dirt Alliance and Attain Media.

John Bitting

Administrator
Good job guys, I have seen lot of cool promo videos for this event. Bummed I will miss the first one. Hopefully more to come in the future.

JumpChamps

Thanks Mr. Juan B!

Next year we will have more clout and will be able to pick dates that do not conflict with the bigger events out there. We are excited with the growth and hope that this can travel from venue to venue or even coast to coast!

So far our entries reflect that people are more interested in the Time Trial portion of the event. Our sponsors commitment also reflect this is the next emerging segment for off-road. The Jump Contest will bring in spectators and grow the brand, but its not where we feel most enthusiasts want to focus their efforts.

baja619

Hearing a lot of buzz about this. Should be a great time with a decent field.

baja619

Cool thing happening!
The Jump Champs went on a saturday So Cal tour to 18 shops passing out Posters. Started out at the bottom of San Diego and worked our way up to riverside. It was a mission. But thanks to all the counter dudes being cool. 4 Wheel Parts, ORW, PRP, Rugged Radios, Gibson Exhaust, King Shocks, Currie Enterprises, FiberwerX, TubeWorks, NexGen Off Road.

Curt LeDuc

I just got back from Norra with Gable and we are bringing some hot rods to air them out. I used to go to Rialto to support Those events and think this will also be a fun deal. So stop by the Currie semi and say hi.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

trailready

Is this the same truck they had at the Mexican 1000? Truck was rad in the day, set up for jumping, looked a little more conservative last week.
Brings back fond memories!

Fourstroker

Different truck. The one at NORRA was a former Enduro Racing truck