2016 Motocross Thread

Chris Tobin

Reaction
Yeah!

#7 thing is bogus.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
I guess that is a fake site and information but that is just pathetic to talk about someone's life like that.

Ya, that's nuts to start/spread a rumor like that!!! What a bunch of jerks!!! Glad to hear he is okay as I wouldn't wish that on anyone at all!!!

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
It's pretty much the same old thing. All of the crazy, controversial stories that come out about him are that way, this one just didn't get any traction.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
It's pretty much the same old thing. All of the crazy, controversial stories that come out about him are that way, this one just didn't get any traction.

I think he has made very questionable decisions and makes excuses and his riding style tend to lead to dirt samples frequently especially lately. But I would never say something like that about the guy... Crazy people out there...

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
Yeah yeah yeah...you think that what you've heard he has done is questionable. He never blames the bike either, it's his fans (including me) who have said how the backwards Yamaha didn't work for him.

I get it you and lots of others don't like him so you see the faults.
I didn't like him in the 259 days but that has changed.

I don't like Dungey and think it's funny how he claimed that Eli got hurt because he was "riding too fast and that's what you get" meanwhile he's out with a broken neck but couldn't even keep up with the leader.

Then we have Roczen blaming the forks when he gets beat.

Excuses. Crashes. Attitudes.

We see what we want. Only difference is JS7 is legendary and only the KING and the GOAT compare to him.

trentk

Reaction
Website
www.kendallrace.com
As I was watching moto 2 for 450's I was a little annoyed they were focusing on eli and roczen again even though they were in about 9th and someone new for once (who knows who it was) was in 1st. Then Roczen went into video game mode and passed everyone in about 1 lap. It was amazing to watch. The producers of the show know more than me, lmao

Romero

Reaction
Again for Canard?! Jeeze... should he hang it up or focus on SX or MX only?

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Shea, I heard a rumor this week that they are pushing for a 22 round SX series that would start in November. That would essentially kill the outdoors.

Have you heard anything like that?

And congrats to K-Roc and the RCH team. Let's see how he does on the Honda next year.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
Yep, that is what they (Monster) want and you are right - that will pretty much be the final nail in the coffin for MX.

I feel this way because, in my opinion SX is already too long as it is and even factory teams have a hard time going from SX to MX.
With a 22 round SX series it will be just about impossible to do both.
Riders will be forced to chose one series or the other...most will follow the money and the $ will be in SX.
This will also push privateers out of the sport. Once Pro MX starts to slow down, the amateur side (the heart of the sport) will follow.
There will be SX only superstar kids, farmed by Monster and that will be the future of the sport.
Monster Cup Supermini races will replace Loretta's...
I was SO wrong in the late 90's for saying FMX was the cancer of MX.
I would have never guessed it would be a 1-2 punch of 4 strokes and Monster energy drinks.
Furry and cow print LBZ pants were funny and it was frustrating having guys with black spray painted bikes cutting the track to do no handers and butt whips off the 15' infield table tops over and over...but it didn't really affect the sport.
Oh well.

Last edited:

TecateRay

Reaction
Shea, I heard a rumor this week that they are pushing for a 22 round SX series that would start in November. That would essentially kill the outdoors.

Have you heard anything like that?

I hope that is just a rumor! Outdoors is true motocross and the origin of the sport. I tune in to SX when convenien

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
Yep-TC will be at KTM now.

Eli should have hung in there. He left Honda to go to Kawasaki to be the #1 rider. Now he's on a team as the #1 rider and the team will not let him make changes and adjustments he feels are needed on the bike.
To top it all off, he's making less money.
He could have been #2 at Honda, winning all summer, raking it in and the #1 rider now...bummer.

Last edited:

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Yep-TC will be at KTM now.

Eli should have hung in there. He left Honda to go to Kawasaki to be the #1 rider. Now he's on a team as the #1 rider and the team will not let him make changes and adjustments he feels are needed on the bike.
To top it all off, he's making less money.
He could have been #2 at Honda, winning all summer, raking it in and the #1 rider now...bummer.

So KTM is gonna field a 4 rider team now? Or are they replacing the constantly injured Wilson with the constantly injured Canard?

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
Redbull.

KTM could field a 10 rider team if they wanted to. They are the ones doing it right. They pour their money and support into this sport and the Japs need to take notes.
KTM are developing, building, selling and racing 2 strokes. KTM manages their race teams the way they should. Stubborn Japanese businessmen don't decide what parts and settings go on their bikes.
I'm not a big KTM fan but gotta give credit where it's due...they're simply doing it right! A guy like Canard wether he is injured or not will bring even more fans and sales to KTM.
Good for all involved.