PBR

Reaction
SX 2017 prediction, if they all stay healthy :

1. KRoc
2. Dungey/Tomac fighting it out.
4.Anderson.
5. Musquin
6. Webb. Just cuz.

The 450 field will, hopefully be and stay, stacked next year.

I think you're spot on. If KRoc stays healthy he will dominate. But as we all know that's a big IF in this sport.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Do you think he's going to really race or just show up at the gate and get a few laps in?

JDDurfey

Reaction
I've never been a Stewart fan, but I also hate to see someone go out like like this if he doesn't come back and win or at least be competitive. The guy is fast, but after his injuries, I don't think he will ever be able to ride with the reckless abandon he used to ride with and get away with it. When you ride like that it eventually reaches up and grabs you by the nuts unless you are lucky, very lucky.

I don't think he can win another championship, just like I don't think Chad can win another either. But I do like seeing the "old guys" out there being competitive and racing for wins.

I would love to see RV out there again, but I would put him in the same boat as Stewart. I don't think he could come back at this point and ride like he used to with out getting hurt. He was always on the edge, and that becomes very narrow the older you get it seems.

PBR

Reaction
Big if and he already dodged a big bullet Saturday night at the Cup.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

His get off at MEC was gnarly and he was lucky to walk away from it.

All I want is some good racing, we didn't get any this summer, hoping we get some in 2017.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
I agree. Luck and skill too.
To be comfortable riding the speeds these guys do and how fast things happen, you have to be so sharp!
The timing and execution of that eject couldn't have gone better.

I think things happening very fast has a lot do do with #7 too. Whether it's the multiple concussions, age, ADD meds or a combination of all of them, I think he's lost THAT edge on his competition.

DirtDgr

Reaction
I agree. Luck and skill too.
To be comfortable riding the speeds these guys do and how fast things happen, you have to be so sharp!
The timing and execution of that eject couldn't have gone better.

I think things happening very fast has a lot do do with #7 too. Whether it's the multiple concussions, age, ADD meds or a combination of all of them, I think he's lost THAT edge on his competition.

He lost that edge when he chose to not do the Nationals and be a TV star years back. Never been the same since then. That's why the injuries started. I like him. Hope he keeps racing for fun.

Now his brother took the nationals off. Not smart imo. We will see.

JDDurfey

Reaction
There has only been one guy that I know of that continued to dominate SX when he took the Nationals off that wasn't caused by injury. That was McGrath.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
He lost that edge when he chose to not do the Nationals and be a TV star years back. Never been the same since then. That's why the injuries started. I like him. Hope he keeps racing for fun.

Now his brother took the nationals off. Not smart imo. We will see.

Other way around.
In 2009 he won everything. He was winning in 2010 when he broke his wrist and was forced to sit out (2010 is the year they did Bubbas World).
He continued to make comebacks where he was still the FMOTP, including a return to race outdoors for free before his contract even started.
2010 may be when his luck turned but that's not the edge I was talking about.

As far as Mookie goes, he only had a ride on a 250...and outdoors, that would have put him at a huge disadvantage with how big he is.
His decision to sit out the Nationals was a move to not devalue himself, as he just came off a 250 SX championship.
This is a sport where you are only as good as your last race a lot of times, especially for someone still coming up.
He felt that he deserved and would be better suited on a 450 ride so he waited for a better offer that wouldn't devalue him.

Edit: and remember, as much as we like MX more than SX, MX is shrinking and SX is growing. If Monster has its way, SX will take up most of the year and block out MX. The Stars will follow the money.

Last edited:

DirtDgr

Reaction
Other way around.
In 2009 he won everything. He was winning in 2010 when he broke his wrist and was forced to sit out (2010 is the year they did Bubbas World).
He continued to make comebacks where he was still the FMOTP, including a return to race outdoors for free before his contract even started.
2010 may be when his luck turned but that's not the edge I was talking about.

As far as Mookie goes, he only had a ride on a 250...and outdoors, that would have put him at a huge disadvantage with how big he is.
His decision to sit out the Nationals was a move to not devalue himself, as he just came off a 250 SX championship.
This is a sport where you are only as good as your last race a lot of times, especially for someone still coming up.
He felt that he deserved and would be better suited on a 450 ride so he waited for a better offer that wouldn't devalue him.

Edit: and remember, as much as we like MX more than SX, MX is shrinking and SX is growing. If Monster has its way, SX will take up most of the year and block out MX. The Stars will follow the money.

The combo of the two things, being a movie star and not racing the nationals is what ended his championships imo. Hasn't had one since those two things happened. I dig Bubba. Have since the Fox Terrafirma video of him and RC and TP back when they were kids. I would say he is probably the "fastest" rider ever. Dig the guy.

I have helped put on the Hangtown National for 30 years. Been hearing how the Nationals are being taken over by SX all the while. No way are the Nationals shrinking. Sure it fluctuates up and down here and there. But they aren't going anywhere.

I think Mookie is still looking for a ride if I'm not mistaken? Should have raced the Nationals, even on his own. Nothing devalues a rider more than sitting on the couch while everyone else is earning a paycheck. . I dig him too.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
There are so many talented race winning capable riders right now it's stupid to voluntarily sit out the nationals. It's a "stocked pond" for teams. Why hire a guy who only want to race half a season when there are guys out there that want to race the full season. Teams want their sponsors to be seen and have the maximum amount of coverage. Half a year of racing isn't going to cut it any more IMO.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Reaction
We'll see. Let's revisit in a year or two.
Never in the last 30 years has a title sponsor laid out a plan to divide the racers and fans like Monster has.

I'd love to be wrong, and nothing Ive stated is just my opinion...

Borracho Cantina

Reaction
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1478746167.704551.jpg