2016 NORRA racers, Who's planning on racing??

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Hey guys, NORRA is only 116 days away, who's planning on racing? My 2 seat DirTrix racer is up for sale as I'm waiting on my next project to materialize. Until that happens, my good friend Ed Maurin has invited me to share the driving chores in the #110 Chapparral Woodstuff racer. Can't tell you how excited I am to get a chance at driving Larry Raglands old class 1 unlimited monster. So, lets hear your plans for this years race and post a pic of your ride so we know what ya got!

Ragland Chapparral.jpg

biffgnar

Reaction
For anyone who buys the Dirt Trix, I spent 4 days in the right seat with Rory this last year and would love to help a new owner get used to the car and finish in Cabo!

Actually, for anybody out there working towards NORRA this year who's budget might be tight, I am in the market for a seat. Any ideas? Let me know!

y2kbaja

Reaction
We were a won and done deal from the get-go for N1K 2015. We decided to keep the car and convert it to class 9. We're racing the 2016 VORRA season with our (grown) kids. 2017 may find us at select VORRA or SNORE desert races in class 9.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
For anyone who buys the Dirt Trix, I spent 4 days in the right seat with Rory this last year and would love to help a new owner get used to the car and finish in Cabo!

Actually, for anybody out there working towards NORRA this year who's budget might be tight, I am in the market for a seat. Any ideas? Let me know!

Eric would be a GREAT choice for someone looking to sell a seat for the 2016 NORRA Mexican 1000. We did a great job in the passenger seat for us last year and would be on the list again if I was racing the 2 seater. my loss is someone else's gain.

LantanaTX

Reaction
I was in Redlands this week helping tear apart our car #129 and start the prep for NORRA. Both the old mid '70's Funco SS2 Single Seat Class 1 Unlimited's, The Bel-Ray Bullet and Casper America will be there!

Both cars are prepped by Dave Tilton. Dave and his son Jon will be crewing for Bub and Buddy Feldkamp #29 While the #129 will be driven and crewed by myself and Jake Johnson. We have added a new crew member from Texas this year named Bart Mueller. Bart recently bought a complete Class 8 time capsule that was stored away after its last Baja 1000. Bart is coming to gain NORRA experience. His truck will be shipped to Dave Tilton towards the end of January for restoration/prep for NORRA 2017. I believe the next generation of Feldkamp racers (see below) will also be at NORRA this year!

Last edited:

speedfun

Reaction
NORRA car.jpg

I will be racing the NORRA 1000 this year in this late 80s Mirage built 10 car.
Looking forward to having a great time ---

Last edited:

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Saw that car at the swap meet a couple years ago. You have your work cut out for you. Gonna have Bill redo the torsion housing?

Alvinapm

Reaction
The late 80s Mirage were great cars, They work very well in class 1 and 10. Should be a great car when finished.

yield2me

Reaction
We are rocking three dirtbikes this year!!

19 #Mcqueenkong (1970 Husqvanra 400 Cross) will be back to win the Super Vintage
99 2014 KTM 5 Hundo in the Modern Open class (going for the overall!)
9 1997 KX250 (3 Hundo now) my 15 year old son will be riding!

Rob

Team Todo En

Reaction
We are rocking three dirtbikes this year!!

19 #Mcqueenkong (1970 Husqvanra 400 Cross) will be back to win the Super Vintage
99 2014 KTM 5 Hundo in the Modern Open class (going for the overall!)
9 1997 KX250 (3 Hundo now) my 15 year old son will be riding!

Rob

That's awesome Rob. Does your son have Spring Break at that time? It's weird all schools seem to have a different schedule. My 16yo son wants to go badly but his spring break is in March. My daughter wants to go too but she's in College with S.B. the week before my son's.

yield2me

Reaction
Well, don't tell the Texas school system, but I think he will be "sick" that week!

Seriously, our deal is that as long as his grades are great and he hasn't been absent or late the rest of the time, he is good to go!!

Rob

Mike Coleman

Reaction
I will be bringing Roseanne to the dance. I have been working on her for the last year and half. As you know with a full restoration you never have anything fall into place and every part is hand made.

DSCN1281.JPG

Josh 8

Reaction
image.jpeg
I am official. I still have more to do on the truck though. I am doing a build thread in show and tell, shop. Here is a before and current.

image.jpeg

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
2016 is shaping up to be a great year for the old class 8 trucks in VOT (Vintage Open Truck).
Could be a dozen in class. We need to pressure Noah into bringing his I-beam Ford out instead of running his 4-seater.

LantanaTX

Reaction
View attachment 164689 I am official. I still have more to do on the truck though. I am doing a build thread in show and tell, shop. Here is a before and current.

View attachment 164690
I think that is Dave Ashley's pre-runner. The before picture looks like it was taken in my uncles driveway! Here is a picture you might enjoy that was taken at Mama Espinosa's

uploadfromtaptalk1452975092393.JPG

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1452974921653.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1452974921653.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 165

Josh 8

Reaction
That is your uncles drive way. He lives about 2 miles down wabash ave from me. Feldcamps hanger where he is prepping cars is 2 rows from mine. Small world.

Zambo

Reaction
I should be back. The Humungus is getting new paint right now, can't wait to start putting it back together. I looked at VOT but mine is an I beam Chevy so it's not stock concept up front. Probably just stick with pre runner class again.