2016 NORRA racers, Who's planning on racing??

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
119 entries as of today. Not bad considering there is another 84 days to go. Will you be ready? If so, post up what you'll be racing.

volks 73

Reaction
We will be there, We are way ahead of where we have been the previous 2 years. The car should be back together this weekend. We will take it out within the next few weeks for testing.
IMG_0340 (6).JPG

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
The General Tire Class 5 will be back! Going for class win number 4...

Will it still be the "General Tire" class 5 or just the "Class 5"?

Zambo

Reaction
Yes Zambo, I thought I would come down and spar with you since you have taken it for two years in a row.
Haha nope only last year after the faster guys left the class to try and win Robbys unlimited purse lol.

I remember seeing your truck, or at least I think it was yours, at an open house in Santee years ago when I was just getting started on my build. I beams and a crate 572 in there if I recall?

jack montgomery

Reaction
Haha nope only last year after the faster guys left the class to try and win Robbys unlimited purse lol.

I remember seeing your truck, or at least I think it was yours, at an open house in Santee years ago when I was just getting started on my build. I beams and a crate 572 in there if I recall?
Yes thats it, ok last year win for you is a win especially after your oil pan story. Pre-runner class for you this year again?

Zambo

Reaction
Yeah I considered VOT but the I beams don't fit in the class. I was starting to fell like I was somebody after day two when we had moved up to 15th overall but then the oil pump thing on day three brought me back down. In reality, I just go down and cruise the race and try to have a good time. IMO the guys with their fangs out just break something along the way and finish way back.

jack montgomery

Reaction
VOT ? No fangs here, just want to bring it home in one piece. Say hi if your down in San Felipe for the race , we will be down their pre-running.

Zambo

Reaction
Vintage Open Truck is one of the bigger and more competitive classes.

jack montgomery

Reaction
( Vintage Truck classes, must be built from 20+ year old production truck o Body style must have existed in this Era o Production based modified chassis, stock concept suspension, linked w/coilovers o No pure tube frame trucks (those belong in the Historic Class) o 37” max tire diameter)

Where do the I beams come into play in the ( Stock Concept Suspension?) If so then I would be unable to enter this class, Just trying to establish my options , thanks.

Zambo

Reaction
That's how I read it. I figured it was similar to the language in most class 8 rule books where the suspension concept up front had to come with that truck ( A-arm, I-beam, solid axle, etc).

JenMorton

Reaction
I'll be there! Dusting off my trusty XR400 so I can stay true to my Baja racing heros riding red.
No radiators, no fuel injection & no electric start. I'll be racing old school but she's new enough to qualify for the modern lights class. See ya'll in Ensenada

speedfun

Reaction
Speedfun- Are you going with the colt motor or with a Toyota?

No it will have one of my 2.0 VW water cooled motors in it & 094 transmission.. we have replaced the broken torsion housing and as soon as the new Pro Buggy is done we can finish this project up and hopefully make the race...surprising the car has every nut & bolt and original parts..

PALAPABOY

Bajalite Win Streak Killer
Reaction
Just got old Dave back up and running
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1456955366.676432.jpg
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1456955417.666670.jpg

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today