2016 NORRA racers, Who's planning on racing??

CZLou

Reaction
All back together and readily to go. Can't wait to get back on the line! Our Team had a Great time last year. Looking Forward to NORRA 2016. Only
DSC00075.JPG
50 days to go!!!!

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Now that the MINT 400 is over with I have time to concentrate on my favorite race of the year, the NORRA Mexican 1000. The Ragland Chaparral is at my race shop now getting some finalized prep work done, but the car is pretty much finished. With the new rules and new race cars showing up it's going to be a great time.

IMG_1397.JPG

Josh 8

Reaction
image.jpeg
Mine is coming along too. The trans is going in tomorrow. And it will get fired next week. Shock testing will begine then. It's been a 19 week build at this point.

I can't wait either.
image.jpeg

Josh 8

Reaction
Attention Mr. Dave Sykes.

I don't know know if you remember. But you had a side bet with the the c8 guys at Laughlin back in 04. I was driving the green Dalton 8 truck. The bet was for a 100 bucks each day. As I remember you were racing with Dave Westem and I took your cash on Saturday. And then we did a double or nothing for Sunday. I guess you had some sort of a problem that involved a rock and the trans so I beat you a secound time. :) The only problem has been that I haven't seen since then. So when I see you in Baja, I'll give you a chance to even up with me buddy.... Or maybe you would just like to go triple or nothing. ;-)

Slippery P

Reaction
View attachment 167713 Mine is coming along too. The trans is going in tomorrow. And it will get fired next week. Shock testing will begine then. It's been a 19 week build at this point.

I can't wait either. View attachment 167712
I really dig your build being an ex class 8 racer. In the top pic it looks as though you are relying on the pressure of the extended jack to hold itself in the truck. If so, I would suggest going a different route, as the oil in the jack will foam from the vibration of the truck. The jack will bleed down and go bye bye. Good luck at Norra.

Team Todo En

Reaction
I really dig your build being an ex class 8 racer. In the top pic it looks as though you are relying on the pressure of the extended jack to hold itself in the truck. If so, I would suggest going a different route, as the oil in the jack will foam from the vibration of the truck. The jack will bleed down and go bye bye. Good luck at Norra.

Also, ditch the wheels and put a skid plate on it.

Josh 8

Reaction
Thanks for you input guys. At this point thought I am just pushing my hardest to get it driving. Once I get some testing in I will deal with the finer things.

Lord Green

Reaction
Anyone know when the "map" will be out? I'm just a spectator this year, but it would be nice to plan where to spectate.

Zambo

Reaction
Anyone know when the "map" will be out? I'm just a spectator this year, but it would be nice to plan where to spectate.
All the maps and stuff from last year are on Murdocknav. I'm sure it will be mostly the same.

SuperRanger

Reaction
I'm ASSuming the schedule and layout is about like last year - Contingency location, party in Cabo, basic times, etc? I just got a bunch of flights...

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
I'm ASSuming the schedule and layout is about like last year - Contingency location, party in Cabo, basic times, etc? I just got a bunch of flights...

I would say yes but I would expect a few small changes. It seems like the times all seem to be the same as years past and NORRA is getting into a rhythm on how to get things running smooth. I expect this to be the best year yet for the Mexican 1000.

CZLou

Reaction
With all the trucks this year. I hope they bypass the slit beds. Counting down the days. Can't wait.