• Forum membership has its advantages....

2016 ORMHOF Nominations

ORMHOF

Off Road Motorsports Hall Of Fame is now accepting nominations for 2016 Inductees. There are so many great people out there in Off Road who deserve to be inducted and just need to be nominated. If you know someone who needs to be in the Off Road Motorsports Hall of Fame and would like to nominate them, you can download the packet at this link! The deadline for submission is April 30. Also if you have any questions make sure you email us at [email protected]

Packet Release Banner-001.jpg

Last edited:

Dirty Harry

Has anyone on here submitted nominations yet? If people don't get nominated they cannot get in! I helped Dave Clark get Nye Frank into ORMHOF a few years ago, it is not that difficult a process but someone has to initiate it before someone has a chance. There is a long list of guys (and gals) that belong in the Hall of Fame and just need some help to get there.

y2kbaja

I'm working on a nomination for my dad. Founded and ran VORRA for 25 years. VORRA is entering it's 41st year in 2016. I'm having trouble with my words. I'm not a wordsmith.

sb4pro

I've got a whole list of my favs that I think should be in .....
Bob and Robby Gordon
The Simon Brothers
Jim Venable
Dan Smith
Bob Bower
Scott Taylor
John Swift
Steve Olliges
And Chuck Johnson

Dirty Harry

The problem is that it is a lot easier to post on RDC than to fill out the nomination form. All the guys mentioned are definitely Hall of Fame material, but someone needs to nominate them!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Dirty Harry

I never had the chance to meet Nye in person and I didn't even know Dave Clark (currently working for Vidosola- he designed and built their truck) when we started this process. I was just a fan who reached out and offered my time. Keep that in mind if there are people you guys think should be in the Hall of Fame!

BANNED4LIFE

LARRY RAGLAND.............................DUH....................

_

OK, how about Cal Wells III. Under his direction/ownership, no other team in Off-Road racing won more events and titles in the history of off-road racing.

baja_racer

Bob "Radio Bob" Hynes of BFG Relay.

Rory

Crayola Killer
I have filled one of these out as I nominated a racer a couple years ago. If you look through the paperwork you will see there is a lot more to it than just race wins. They are also looking for racers that give back, donate, raise awareness for the sport, are good ambassadors and so on. I think the reason they look at stuff this way is to get more of a diversity in the Hall instead of just race winners.

With that being said, guys like Bob, Robby, Mark McMillin, Larry Ragland, Danny Hamel and a few others should be able to get in on race results alone. You guys have plenty of time to nominate someone, download the paperwork, do a little leg work and get it done.

Bdub 1020

Well said Rory. Its so much more than wins. When we were all there for Walt Lott. It was one of the best times and memories I ever had. Still have all the things from that night in my shop, including signed wine bottles (empty of course) my pictures with Ivan and Mickey T's wife along with many greats. Thanks Lucas what a V-2-R race in memory of Walt, So many aspects of great people in off road racing.

bajadreamer

Does it have to be a driver? Can it be a pit volunteer that's been helping teams for free for 20+ years? Just wondering .. Thanks in advance.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Does it have to be a driver? Can it be a pit volunteer that's been helping teams for free for 20+ years? Just wondering .. Thanks in advance.

Many of the folks that have been nominated and selected were not drivers but had a positive impact on the sport in one way or another. They don't need to be a driver to be honored with a nomination.

Jimmy8

How about...

Randy Anderson
David Higgins
Destry Abbott

Sheaco

I thought Larry Ragland was already in the Hall O Fame, wasn't there a party at Horse Power Ranch years ago? maybe something different IDK