• Forum membership has its advantages....

2016 ORMHOF Nominations

ORMHOF

Off Road Motorsports Hall Of Fame is now accepting nominations for 2016 Inductees. There are so many great people out there in Off Road who deserve to be inducted and just need to be nominated. If you know someone who needs to be in the Off Road Motorsports Hall of Fame and would like to nominate them, you can download the packet at this link! Also if you have any questions make sure you email us at [email protected]Packet Release Banner-001.jpg

Dirty Harry

One of my favorite aspects of the Mexican 1000 is being able to break bread with guys like Bruce Meyers and Curt LeDuc. The ORMHOF induction ceremony is one of my favorite nights of the year for the same reason. Parnelli Jones, Sal Fish, and Bob Gordon all in the same room with you? What is not to love?

I think that last year's class was really good and hope that this year even more of my heroes get in to ORMHOF. In order to do so though SOMEONE HAS TO NOMINATE THEM! The process is not that hard, I helped Dave Clark get Nye Frank into ORMHOF a couple of years ago. If anyone has someone that they want to nominate and needs some guidance I would be happy to help. I don't have any affiliation with ORMHOF beyond it being in Reno and being run by people who I admire.

Darinn

I have a couple of people that I feel have been overlooked. I sent in an application last year but never heard anything. I guess I'm not clear on what the criteria for induction are.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Dirty Harry

I have a couple of people that I feel have been overlooked. I sent in an application last year but never heard anything. I guess I'm not clear on what the criteria for induction are.
Applications are retained for three years, so if they did not get in last year you don't need to do anything again right now. For reference Nye Frank didn't get in the first year we sent in the application and we didn't hear anything until the next year when his nomination was excepted.

I never had the chance to meet Nye in person and I didn't even know Dave Clark (currently working for Vidosola- he designed and built their truck) when we started this process. I was just a fan who reached out and offered my time. Keep that in mind if there are people you guys think should be in the Hall of Fame!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Chris_Wilson

I just looked over the nomination packet and it's a fair amount of work to fill out especially if you have to do some research to collect info and photos. This likely filters the applications and perhaps that is the intent, rather than having a voting process to see how many times a prospective is nominated.

Looking at the list of previous inductees, I was a bit surprised not to see Danny Hamel in there, just for example.

sb4pro

I'd like to see them add a fan vote . Make a list of like 4-5 guys to vote for and the majority vote receiver gets the nomination . Then the nomination committee decides whether he / she gets in .