2016 SCORE Baja 500

Dirtracer 619

Reaction
Having computer issues here in Hawaii. Can anyone tell me the status of. Number 57 And Number 2. In the TT class.
If so thankyou in advance

Also thankyou to weatherman and Roger Norman for a great off road race

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

stewwalker

Reaction
Credentials, common since. 6x goes down, no assistance gets to him for 2+ hours... Way to be on top of things score/ weatherman. Even the bird told WX man to get his stuff together in regards to air assets.

At the end of the day some one is in "not good" condition. No excuses.

ScottyA

Reaction
They have ran in this weather for 40 years. It's part of the 500. People have died for 40 years. If you don't like it you should go watch super cross or x games. Safe sports with medics on every corner. This is Baja. Well at least guys like you can use either bathroom now!

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Reaction
The 2016 Baja 500 is a JOKE. If this is the direction roger wants to go with the sport, while eyes are looking (dust to glory), he has screwed the pooch. 3+ moto riders "not good" by sundown, spectator issues, truck drivers complaining about dehydration... What is going on in his tiny head. Who in their right mind would send racers head on into 115 degree heat?

Secondly, why is "weatherman" still doing running comms. Don't racers know the weatherman is half right some of the time? This clown has no idea how to juggle critical issues and report critical info. Any info he hears over the air is the word, anything he hears is bible. Someone who knows what is going on and knows how to handle pressure could possibly save a life. I know he is free, but get rid of that clown and get an actual radio operator managing the freq (military?). Anyone can pass the radio operator test. It takes a level headed soul to manage life and death situations.

Always stop for other racers. Always offer assistance. No race is worth a life.

F%$K U ***!!! So easy to talk crap from a key board from Texas.....Instead of talking crap about rescues and how it could be better; 2 things.....1 You were obviously the last fat kid picked in 3rd grade for the kickball team and 2nd....If you were any kind of man Mr Beef Stew or whatever your name is, you would be off the key board and out helping your fellow Texan's get to safety in 1 of your states worst floods right now!
P.S. No you can't race a John Deere in Baja.......Now go out to the barn and find a sheep date for the rest of the night....

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Race courses have been rerouted for rain the morning of the race.

I believe they should have rerouted this race due to weather. We all knew days in advance that the weather was going to be a huge factor, but I don't think any of us imagined it would claim anyone.

Sad day for BAJA. I believe measures should have been taken in everyone's best interest.

Baja 500 traditionally is more along the coast. Surely, it'll go back to that next year after today's issues.

johnnyweb

Reaction
Credentials, common since. 6x goes down, no assistance gets to him for 2+ hours... Way to be on top of things score/ weatherman. Even the bird told WX man to get his stuff together in regards to air assets.

Hey ass hat you have no clue! 6x was with an ambulance the whole time jack ass! Maybe you should have cleaned you holy then thou ears!

Until uou have raced and chased in Baja you need to shut the F up. I now you gave not because if you have you would understand. Best thing for you would be remove yourself from this page until you gave proper prospective of Baja situations. RIP to the people lost today!

harleys dad

Reaction
The 2016 Baja 500 is a JOKE. If this is the direction roger wants to go with the sport, while eyes are looking (dust to glory), he has screwed the pooch. 3+ moto riders "not good" by sundown, spectator issues, truck drivers complaining about dehydration... What is going on in his tiny head. Who in their right mind would send racers head on into 115 degree heat?

Secondly, why is "weatherman" still doing running comms. Don't racers know the weatherman is half right some of the time? This clown has no idea how to juggle critical issues and report critical info. Any info he hears over the air is the word, anything he hears is bible. Someone who knows what is going on and knows how to handle pressure could possibly save a life. I know he is free, but get rid of that clown and get an actual radio operator managing the freq (military?). Anyone can pass the radio operator test. It takes a level headed soul to manage life and death situations.

it is obvious by your comment you are new, i first raced the baja 500 in 1976 where it was 120 in the desert and in 1978 it was well over 130 in the desert around Diablo with reports of 138 coming from many people. The Baja 500 has allways been a scorcher of a race, no mater who was putting it on. These temps are mild for a 500 over the decades it has been run and I have experienced many of them. It is sad these guys succumbed to the heat and my heart is with their family's. A very sad day but no different heat wise than many many of them

RFS Motorsports

Reaction

Your an idiot. First of all learn to spell! You have no clue what you are talking about! Why don't you get in a truck or on a bike and race before you make stupid comments like this. Typical arm chair racer!

stewwalker

Reaction
Dakar stopped a stage this year due to similar temps. Why couldn't SCORE do the same? Could have saved racers.

1fastbean

Rookie
Reaction

Get lost you f@&$in' miserable moron.

johnnyweb

Reaction
Staying at mi pueblito in Valley T. Been all ears on the situations today.

As I said go clean those eats as you were no listening. Or maybe get off you ass and head out to rm 200 ish as that is where all the problems seam to have been.

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

Reaction

Credentials........Look foreskin. Don't pull the military crap now because you made it to wolfe pack in cubscouts in 4th grade! That I failed spelling don't count either.......So if your down in mexico, go push a paleta cart around and sell some water Mr. Beef Stew.

stewwalker

Reaction
So yall are telling me a race is worth more than a life?

I've been hearing stories all week about the 70's and "back when I raced". Guess what no one cares. At the end of the day, some one is mourning the loss of a loved one who chased a dream of racing Baja, our Baja. If you want to pull down your flat bill hat and act like that's how it goes in Baja, cool brah... If you want to recognize an issue and address it, don't be a Richard cranium and be proactive...