• Forum membership has its advantages....

2016 Silkway Rally - Stage10 - Hami > Dunhuang

Klaus

Administrator

The Track to Caves - 07/19/2016

Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 11.13.02.png

Distance:
Road section: 78 km
Special: 340 km
2nd Road section: 107 km

Schedule:
Cars will start the
road section at 07:30 (18:30 PST on 07/18/2016)
special at 8:50 (19:50 PST on 07/18/2016)

Timezone:
UTC+8 / CST (China standard time) / 15 hours ahead of current Pacific Time.
[parsehtml]
<iframe src="https://freesecure.timeanddate.com/clock/i5aa94f8/n33/tt0/tw0/tm1/ts1/tb4" frameborder="0" width="87" height="34"></iframe>

[/parsehtml]

Links:
Silk Way Rally 2016. Moscow - Beijing
Official Entry List
Live Results

Tracking:
[parsehtml]
<iframe id="_c_" src="http://dagobah.iritrack.net/tdcom/eviewer/swr16" style="height: 700px;width:100%"></iframe>[/parsehtml]

E. Araiza

FRENCH POWER REIGNS AT THE ENTRY TO THE GOBI
S10 – HAMI-DUNHUANG “The track to the caves” 525,24kms
TERRAIN: 95% tracks (dirt and sand) – 5% (rocks) 5% off-road (sand, gravel and dirt)
ALTITUDE : 553-1916m

Peugeot’s Peterhansel and Cottret take Hami-Dunhuang stage, while Martin Van Den Brink takes the win for Renault, to extend his overall lead.

What to remember

°‘Peter’ the sentinel
°T2 At a glance
°VDB bounces back
°Tomorrow : “The 1000 lakes track”

‘Peter’ the sentinel

Another day in the Chinese furnace as the Gobi Desert nears saw Stéphane Peterhansel and Jean- Paul Cottret (Peugeot DKR 2008), in their role as rapid assistance, triumph on Stage 10. The leaders ran as one through the heat and over the tracks through the Hami Basin.

Second overall, Sébastien Loeb and Daniel Elena (Peugeot DKR 2008) were runner-up today at 01’15”. Harry Hunt and Andreas Schulz (MINI ALL4 Racing) were third best at 03’03”. 2016 Silk Way Rally leaders, Cyril Despres and David Castera (Peugeot DKR 2008) were fourth at 03’35” and now have a 09’57” lead with 4 special stags remaining.

Yazeed Al Rahji and Timo Glottschalk (MINI ALL4 Racing) completed the Top 5 at 04’13” to the leaders and are third overall with a comfortable 17’46” cushion to fourth in the general classification Vladimir Vasilyev and Konstantin Zhiltsov (MINI ALL4 Racing). Harry Hunt and Andreas Schulz complete the overall Top 5

T2 At a glance…

The two-car battle continues

Akira Muira and Laurent Lichtleuchter (Toyota VDJ200) won yet again on Tuesday in their ongoing battle with Denis Berezovskiy and Ignat Falkov (Toyota Land Cruiser) finished second at 08’52” and now trail Muira and Lichtleuchter by 1h02’22” in the general classification.

VDB bounces back

Martin Van Den Brink and this Renault crew bounced back today after cooling issues yesterday. The Dutch driver knew he had 6 minutes in hand when he caught the first of the Kamaz. With 40kms left in the special stage, the right-rear tyre on the Renault Sherpa began to shred and the crew continually fed air to the problem corner, while hoping the other tyres would hold to together. VDB muscled went on for the win by 02’51” from second overall, Airat Mardeev (Kamaz). The Dutchman now has a 04’32 from the Russian in the general classification. The Kamaz trio of Anton Shibalov, Edouard Nikolaev and Dmitry Sotnikov completed the Top 5. Third overall, Shibalov is now at 09’20” to the leader, Van Den Brink.

E. Araiza

ETAPE 10 – INTERVIEWS

“Unleash the dogs”
Harry Hunt (Driver, N°105 MINI ALL4 Racing):

“Today’s stage was really nice, really enjoyed it. The road-book was spot on, when it was a Danger 1; it was a Danger 1, which made job easier. It was super-fast and we could unleash the dogs! And Andy was spot on with the calls. It was good to have a preview of the dunes yesterday, we got stuck once and it reminded us that we have to be careful and use our heads. There are still a lot of kilometres to go and we want to keep fifth place and who knows, if the guys ahead have a problem.”

“I’m taking it easy”
Stéphane Peterhansel (Driver, Peugeot DKR2008 n100) :

“We stayed behind our team mates and due to the dust, we sated at a safe distance. At one point, we got just a bit lost. We showed them the right track to follow. I am taking it easy and, honestly, I am enjoying more my driving. I have had rapid assistance in my career and I am not at all bothered to help my team mates.”

“Sometimes it is frustrating “
Sébastien Loeb (Driver, Peugeot DKR2008 n°102) :

“Sometimes it is frustrating to attack hard only to pick up a few seconds and then lose several minutes because of a navigation error. The track wasn’t easy to find in certain areas and the tracks are nearly invisible. We ran ahead of Cyril after passing and re-passing each other. I have no choice but to attack hard on each special stage. If Stéphane can open the tracks for us…While also staying behind that would be perfect.”

“340 kilometresof driving school”
Cyril Despres (Driver, Peugeot DKR2008 n°104) :

“We can to start to believe we are in a comfortable position, but I can assure that it is a real challenge to follow Sébastien Loeb on a special stage. Today, I got another driving lesson over 340kms. Happily, we only go off the track occasionally. On the small jumps, I would get on the brakes too early at the start and I would quickly lose 30-40kp/h. Then we started taking them flat out…Tomorrow I will, once again, start fourth and my goal will be to take 4 minutes out of him.”

Dirty Harry

"Sometimes it is frustrating to attack hard only to pick up a few seconds and then lose several minutes because of a navigation error. The track wasn’t easy to find in certain areas and the tracks are nearly invisible."

Welcome to rally raid!

E. Araiza

"Sometimes it is frustrating to attack hard only to pick up a few seconds and then lose several minutes because of a navigation error. The track wasn’t easy to find in certain areas and the tracks are nearly invisible."

Welcome to rally raid!
I thought the same thing, either way daddy Loeb for the win!

trophygoat

ETAPE 10 – INTERVIEWS

“Unleash the dogs”
Harry Hunt (Driver, N°105 MINI ALL4 Racing):

“Today’s stage was really nice, really enjoyed it. The road-book was spot on, when it was a Danger 1; it was a Danger 1, which made job easier. It was super-fast and we could unleash the dogs! And Andy was spot on with the calls. It was good to have a preview of the dunes yesterday, we got stuck once and it reminded us that we have to be careful and use our heads. There are still a lot of kilometres to go and we want to keep fifth place and who knows, if the guys ahead have a problem.”

“I’m taking it easy”
Stéphane Peterhansel (Driver, Peugeot DKR2008 n100) :

“We stayed behind our team mates and due to the dust, we sated at a safe distance. At one point, we got just a bit lost. We showed them the right track to follow. I am taking it easy and, honestly, I am enjoying more my driving. I have had rapid assistance in my career and I am not at all bothered to help my team mates.”

“Sometimes it is frustrating “
Sébastien Loeb (Driver, Peugeot DKR2008 n°102) :

“Sometimes it is frustrating to attack hard only to pick up a few seconds and then lose several minutes because of a navigation error. The track wasn’t easy to find in certain areas and the tracks are nearly invisible. We ran ahead of Cyril after passing and re-passing each other. I have no choice but to attack hard on each special stage. If Stéphane can open the tracks for us…While also staying behind that would be perfect.”

“340 kilometresof driving school”
Cyril Despres (Driver, Peugeot DKR2008 n°104) :

“We can to start to believe we are in a comfortable position, but I can assure that it is a real challenge to follow Sébastien Loeb on a special stage. Today, I got another driving lesson over 340kms. Happily, we only go off the track occasionally. On the small jumps, I would get on the brakes too early at the start and I would quickly lose 30-40kp/h. Then we started taking them flat out…Tomorrow I will, once again, start fourth and my goal will be to take 4 minutes out of him.”
Just curious Araiza where are you finding these stage updates?