• Forum membership has its advantages....

2017 Africa Eco Race

ISRengine

That race is in the same spirit than the original dakar.

I watch it every year and since 2-3 year en enjoy it more than dakar

Bull-dust

Maybe if RG entered a MRAP or Oshkosh etc, there are unfriendlies in that part of the World. I would like to see the 'waiver', enter at your own risk etc for that event. Is RG lined up for the trophy truck snow race?

Bull-dust

Africa Eco Race 2017 Stage 4 (bike section stage winner - Gev Sella (Israel))

Africa Eco Race 2017 Stage 5

I see Sainz's previous Jimco based buggy is competing, perhaps RG should send Sheldon to this event with a Gordini to get some more Rally Raid experience.

Last edited:

mattj112

Africa Eco Race 2017 Stage 4 (bike section stage winner - Gev Sella (Israel))

Africa Eco Race 2017 Stage 5

I see Sainz's previous Jimco based buggy is competing, perhaps RG should send Sheldon to this event with a Gordini to get some more Rally Raid experience.
that car isn't the Jimco buggy but the SMG buggy. It was the car Sainz in enter into Dakar with redbull the following year after in was with Nasser in Jimco Buggy. One Jimco buggy my understanding is gone to Xraid has development car for buggy project. Guerlain Chicherit drove it last year Dakar but force to retire the car.

GEO_DXB

SMG is a Jimco chassis... the CBRA that X-Raid were developing is now very different from the original setup, but everyone who drove it says its too heavy so X-Raid arent pushing with this project.

Dirty Harry

Nasser' buggy that X-Raid purchased was a Jefferies' buggy, not a Jimco. My understand is that the SMG car does have a Jimco chassis, as stated above.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

RGFan

Maybe if RG entered a MRAP or Oshkosh etc, there are unfriendlies in that part of the World. I would like to see the 'waiver', enter at your own risk etc for that event. Is RG lined up for the trophy truck snow race?
Yeah, I believe some of RG's team was held at gun point in Mauritania during the last race in Africa.