• Forum membership has its advantages....

2017 AMA Motocross

Fourstroker

OK. I'll start this show. TV Schedule below

Like most I think its going to be a runaway in 450. Hoping for solid runs from Baggett and Webb. I think Webb will be better outdoors on the big bike. Other thoughts
2017ProMX-TVSched.jpg

Chris Tobin

What the heck, that is a goofy TV schedule!!! You need to watch two different shows on two different networks hours apart to watch the whole race?!?!?!?! If they want to split between NBCSN and MAVTV why don't they split the season in half or make it every other race or something... No wonder the outdoors is not as popular as SX when it is so hard to watch a "Complete Race"...

Could you imagine the NASCAR schedule if segment 1 was on one channel, segment 2 was on a nother channel several hours later then the final segment was on even later?!?!?!?!

It seems pretty dumb to make it hard for fans to watch the entire race!!! I guess that is why I haven't watched much Outdoors for the last many years.... I was going to try to follow it this year, but gee that is goofy. Maybe I'll just set the DVR for the Highlight shows...

CFreeLV

You can watch qualifying, the pre race show as well as all live motos on the NBC sports app. I have Apple TV and stream it off that. And if I'm not home I'll wait until the next day and promotocross.com has the replays of the motos you can watch.

What the heck, that is a goofy TV schedule!!! You need to watch two different shows on two different networks hours apart to watch the whole race?!?!?!?! If they want to split between NBCSN and MAVTV why don't they split the season in half or make it every other race or something... No wonder the outdoors is not as popular as SX when it is so hard to watch a "Complete Race"...

Could you imagine the NASCAR schedule if segment 1 was on one channel, segment 2 was on a nother channel several hours later then the final segment was on even later?!?!?!?!

It seems pretty dumb to make it hard for fans to watch the entire race!!! I guess that is why I haven't watched much Outdoors for the last many years.... I was going to try to follow it this year, but gee that is goofy. Maybe I'll just set the DVR for the Highlight shows...

It's been that way for a few years now Tobin.

Latest rumor is that Dungey is done. No one has seen him testing or riding the local tracks, Glen Helen, Pala etc. Another rumor is he had an opt out deal in his contract, if he got the SX title he wouldn't have to race outdoors.

I think Tomac is going to be very strong. A lot of confidence, momentum and now a chip on his shoulder with something to prove.

Bagget came on strong at the end of SX and is usually pretty good outdoors.

Fourstroker

Good points Mike. Would suck if Dunge y pulled the plug but I wouldn't be surprised

Hayward Racing

And it's official...

MXShea

MX know-it-all
We need a good retirement. The last few big retirements have been so disappointing and down right sad.
RV does a Larry Loopout in Europe and breaks his ass for his final race, Stew just disappears and RD's final race he was booed on the podium.
Come on Reed, give us something good!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Fourstroker

Congrats on a great career and good luck to him in retirement. Like him, love him, hate him he will missed on the track. You thought the outdoors was gonna be a runaway before. Perfect season???

Quite the career.

4 450 SX championships to JS7 and CR22 2 each.
3 450 Outdoor Chamiponships
3 Moto de Nations championships

And now DeCoster can finally retire too.

PBR

I'm cool with going out on top, nothing left for him to prove. Godspeed RD5.

Chris Tobin

RD5 was a good racer, but I have a hard time considering him among the other greats like JM, JS, RC, RV and even CR...

He won his 1st when RV got hurt, and didn't win again while RV was competing... Then he was the man with RV gone, but rarely the fastest or the one able to come from behind or make passes...

Years from now he will be listed among the elites with 4 Championships, but that does not tell the entire RD story to me...

Now that there's an open spot on the KTM team, that'll move MooseCan up to the #1 spot. Canard is hopeless as he's always hurt or sick or hurt and sick or sick of being hurt. I can see Anderson moving over to KTM next year and Canard going there.

And remember when I said it was smart of Kawi to sign Tomac? :)

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Tobin, you're right but be prepared for the ESPN body issue reading fans to remind you how none of that matters. Dungey is the undisputed LOAT and that is how most of his titles were won. With that being said, he was definitely good, fast and consistent and one of the best riders in the world though.

That was smart on both Kawasaki and Eli's part to sign. It was a very big and very early deal and I'm sure once Roger and his weight are gone, KTM will have a rough go.

And yes, I agree and think Eli has got the best shot at a perfect season anyone has had in a while...

It's still waaaaay to early to say, but are people now gonna say that Eli got his titles (probably) because he had no competition? Remember, it's possible Roczen might not come back. The sport needs KRoc now more than ever.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
They can...and if that makes them feel better that's cool. But Tomac is the rider who beat everyone when he was healthy or did not crash or have mechanicals. So it will fall on def ears if it happens.
If anyone says that, it will be in retaliation and defense of their guy getting those asterisks. Won't stick.
He'll still be beating Martian, who was beating Dungey.

Last edited:

trentk

I wish they would make a deal with someone other than mav tv because Mav TV is standard def on direct tv. My fancy pants eyes can't deal with standard def anymore, what is this the stone ages! :)

Honda48X

RD5 was a good racer, but I have a hard time considering him among the other greats like JM, JS, RC, RV and even CR...

He won his 1st when RV got hurt, and didn't win again while RV was competing... Then he was the man with RV gone, but rarely the fastest or the one able to come from behind or make passes...

Years from now he will be listed among the elites with 4 Championships, but that does not tell the entire RD story to me...

I will tell you the story about RD5. Lets start by saying he won 80 AMA Supercross or Motocross races. It does not matter who was in or out. He was the fastest on all those days. We can what if all day long. What if JM raced when RC or JS raced who would really have won? I would say in Supercross JM would have beat every one of them. Oh that's right we need to forget about all the what if's.

RD5 facts

12 in 250 Supercross Class
34 in 450 Supercross Class 6-2010 1-2011 4-2012 2-2013 1-2014 8-2015 9-2016 3-2017 (5th all-time)
7 in Motocross 250 Class 3-2008 4-2009
39 in Motocross 450 Class 10-2010 4-2011 10-2012 3-2013 4-2014 7-2015 1-2016 (2nd all-time 450s)
80 AMA total wins (4th all-time) 3-2008 4-2009 16-2010 5-2011 14-2012 5-2013 5-2014 15-2015 10-2016 3-2017
(Supercross 125/250 Lites class wins are regional and excluded from total wins)

Last edited:

Honda48X

It's still waaaaay to early to say, but are people now gonna say that Eli got his titles (probably) because he had no competition? Remember, it's possible Roczen might not come back. The sport needs KRoc now more than ever.
Totally agree that if KRoc didn't get hurt he would be the Supercross champ and Eli would have a big zero on the wins and RD5 would only have one win!!