• Forum membership has its advantages....

2017 B1K hotels

Jaypeg

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
I have done some Baja racing before, including the B1K last year. So, I am pretty familiar with Ensenada and the areas south of there. This year's B1K will be the first time we have done a point to point SCORE race. Since the map does not come out for some time, and I am trying to nail down hotel logistics now, can you experienced guys help me with hotel or house rental ideas for prerunning and the race? I am not even sure what cities/areas to stage in.

TecateRay

How many racing ? Decide early on how you split up the course. Each one plus chase driver will prerun their sections. Plan to stay in those areas. 3 riders - top, middle, bottom. Are you coming a week early? Two weeks? Ensenada for sure for the top guy, next you have to find out if the course will be going down the Pacific or Gulf side. The bottom prerunning can probably be done from Loreto or Constitucion. Give us some ideas about your prerun plans, race plans - and your chase plan for race day.

Jaypeg

We have heard the talk that the course this year will be 1300+ miles so we are figuring on four drivers and four co-drivers. We are in the Trophy Spec class. We will be getting to Baja 10 days early for pre-running, registration tech, etc. Arrive Ensenada on November 7. Our goal is to have every body pre-run their section at least 2 times. We have two pre-run vehicles. We will stage driver teams so that they are in position at least by the day prior to race day. My understanding is that SCORE will provide per-registration / check in for driver so that this can be done. My problem is that since I don't know the course (Pacific or Gulf Sides) yet, and I don't have the experience in southern Baja to know what cities / areas would accommodate us best, I don't know where to get housing set up for pre-running and staging. Are there areas that are central enough so that they are suitable whichever direction the course runs (Pacific or Gulf)? I have to assume that others are facing the the same issues and that experienced guys have faced these same logistics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TecateRay

For the south - La Paz for sure, you'll all want to be there for the finish.
Constitucion is 100 miles north of LaPaz and good for prerunning the section from San Juanico south.
San Ignacio,right in the middle.
San Quintin if they go down the Pacific side, San Felipe if they go down the gulf.
Cataviña for prerunning.
Ensenada of course for your top section and pre race and race days..

There are lots of other small towns that would work for prerunning and staging/support. Watch this forum for rumors on the course starting right after the 500 in June. Reserve Ensenada and La Paz now.

Jaypeg

Thanks for the help TecateRay. I really appreciate it. We are set for Ensenada and La Paz. I will work on the others this week.
Cheers

TJERGENSEN

The Old mill or Don eddies for the pacific side for the 2nd driver and Loreto inn for the 3rd and 4th driver.