• Forum membership has its advantages....

2017 Baja 1000 course 50th running

Honda48X

Does anyone know the course layout yet? This is the 50th and it sure would be nice to know at least the towns it's going through. Trying to make plans for where we are going to be watching the race from. Is it going through San Felipe? Is it going down the coast first? It would be nice for Roger to at least inform the throngs of racers and spectators that are trying to make reservations and or plans.

BANNED4LIFE

dude, the baja500 is next saturday.....lighten up a little, im sure they are slammed busy making this race happen....

Jaypeg

If you go to the SCORE website- Race Info-Baja1000-lodging. A list of towns that the race will go through comes up on the right side of the page.

Honda48X

Any update. We have a place in the El Dorado Ranch and I'm wondering if the 1000 is going to touch or go through San Felipe?

Anger Issues

Hopefully SCORE will have serious retrieval plans in the obvious bottleneck areas... I did NOT enjoy the road between El Coyote and Mike's. I thought King of the Hammers was already over...

JDDurfey

I just took a look at the "Lodging info" That is going to be an epic race course. Conserving equipment up north is going to be the name of the game. Once you hit Bay of LA...Game on!

Honda48X

Thank you so much!!!!

I really wish they would run it like a Rally. From Ensenada to San Felipe around 300 + miles on a Friday and then repairs could be made then from San Felipe to Guerrero Negro or Bay of LA of around 400 + miles, then repairs, then on Sunday bring it home to La-Paz with the ending being in the daylight.

This would give teams that may have had a bad day to catch up on day two or three. Plan it so they visit the towns where the race has gone before.

GBRACER

That would also make it a race for pussys then, the whole point of the 1000 is that is is non stop....
Maybe everyone can get a participation ribbon as well

Honda48X

That would also make it a race for pussys then, the whole point of the 1000 is that is is non stop....
Maybe everyone can get a participation ribbon as well
I think you already get a participation ribbon. Look on your wall.

Anger Issues

I think you already get a participation ribbon. Look on your wall.
"No", actually you don't. If you don't finish a race like this grueling 500, the only ribbon you get is the massive credit card receipt saying "thanks for playing"... We wanted finisher ribbons very badly, but after 15 hours it was obvious we had no hope... we still had the San Felipe loop to run and then the course "home". Time limits were too short for limited classes, that is all there is to it. A Trophy Truck can break and work on the car for 5 or 6 hours and still finish... we had a couple hours to spare, max, given our average speed. Obviously, the Bronco needs some serious updates, and the Baja 1000 will be no different, except I HOPE the course won't be so crappy once we leave the hills and head south. Down there our speeds should increase... (praying now). This definitely isn't NORRA (which is awesome too)... but stopping this race overnight would be a disgrace (my two cents).

BajaboundMoto

Time limits were too short for limited classes, that is all there is to it. A Trophy Truck can break and work on the car for 5 or 6 hours and still finish... we had a couple hours to spare, max, given our average speed....This definitely isn't NORRA... but stopping this race overnight would be a disgrace (my two cents).
Has been mentioned before, and something I'd love to see, are shorter time cut-off for some faster classes.

Fourstroker

Down there our speeds should increase... (praying now). This definitely isn't NORRA (which is awesome too)... but stopping this race overnight would be a disgrace (my two cents).
Whereas I agree with you on the not stopping the race overnight, it is not unprecedented for the 1000 to be a multi day affair. The 1983 version was an Ensenada to Ensenada race with a night stop in San Felipe

Ilovebaja

El Vigía Deportes with SCORE International
20 hrs ·
El director de carrera de Score International, el ensenadense Abelardo Grijalva indicó que hay altas posibilidades de que la edición 50 de la Baja 1000 cuente con dos días de revisión mecánica en Ensenada, ya que esperan una cifra cercana a los 500 equipos participantes para la legendaria carrera fuera de camino.

El Vigia with SCORE International , Abelardo Grijalva race director said there is a high chance that the 50th edition of the Baja 1000 will have two days of mechanical inspection in Ensenada , since they expect a figure close to 500 participating teams for the legendary race off road.

Honda48X

Whereas I agree with you on the not stopping the race overnight, it is not unprecedented for the 1000 to be a multi day affair. The 1983 version was an Ensenada to Ensenada race with a night stop in San Felipe
Thank you for the update on the race stopping in the past. Everyone seems to get worked up on this and it was just an idea. Sorry if I pissed some of you off. That was not my plan.

JBSTEVENS44

Hopefully SCORE will have serious retrieval plans in the obvious bottleneck areas... I did NOT enjoy the road between El Coyote and Mike's. I thought King of the Hammers was already over...
Going the opposite direction won't be as bad as it will be a lot more downhill.