DRZ_Motorsports_119

Reaction
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1493657193.504037.jpg
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1493657208.116647.jpg
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1493657225.469951.jpg

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

nickybobby333

Reaction
At least they are giving us a heads up on while they hold out the map! Excited for it to be run Counter clock wise, and we can see the beach early!

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Does this mean they will be going up to mikes from coyote area? Going up simpsons again?

trail from El Coyote does NOT go near Simpsons. It does cross a few drainages and climbs up to just in back of Mikes and drops down into Mikes parking lot. Should be very cool to spectate from a motorcycle up there. Two thumbs up on this course, as a spectator.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Well, you do drive passed Simpsons on the paved road to get to the pit location at El Coyote. Maybe that is the reference since a course isn't really out yet.

AZ7000'

Reaction
Thanks Mad Media for pulling the "Official" but confusing B500 thread

masleca

Reaction
This is starting to work like our government !!!!
We have officially repealed and replaced the "official" thread ;)

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Well, you do drive passed Simpsons on the paved road to get to the pit location at El Coyote. Maybe that is the reference since a course isn't really out yet.

I guess I don't know what Simpsons is.... to me, it is a big, loose, climb/descent with a few switchbacks that drops down to a San Rafael Creek crossing, perhaps ten miles downstream of the Mikes creek crossing. It is reached from in back of Mikes or from the road from Valley T to Mikes. What is your Simpsons along San Telmo (observatory) Road by El Coyote. El Coyote is by Meling Ranch, right?

JDDurfey

Reaction
I guess I don't know what Simpsons is.... to me, it is a big, loose, climb/descent with a few switchbacks that drops down to a San Rafael Creek crossing, perhaps ten miles downstream of the Mikes creek crossing. It is reached from in back of Mikes or from the road from Valley T to Mikes. What is your Simpsons along San Telmo (observatory) Road by El Coyote. El Coyote is by Meling Ranch, right?

That is where I always thought Simpson was too. In my knowledge the only way to get to Mike's other than the main road is to go through El Coyote, Meling, or the climb out of Simpson which "tees" into the road from El Coyote at the top of the hill.

federicomarco

Reaction

federicomarco

Reaction
Yes, you are on the mark....Simpsons grade is from the intersection or T going into Mikes from El Coyote... down the hill to the arroyo San Rafael...its is 3-4 miles downstream from Mikes ( Probably seems like 10)...... If the race is coming up from San Telmo and into Mikes it will not go pass through Simpson ranch...

I think you were there a few years back taking video at the arroyo??

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Yes, you are on the mark....Simpsons grade is from the intersection or T going into Mikes from El Coyote... down the hill to the arroyo San Rafael...its is 3-4 miles downstream from Mikes ( Probably seems like 10)...... If the race is coming up from San Telmo and into Mikes it will not go pass through Simpson ranch...

I think you were there a few years back taking video at the arroyo??

Yes, indeed. Good memory. I have been both along the El Coyote - to - Mikes road shooting video, and down at the creek crossing at the bottom of Simpsons shooting the deep water crossing after decending Simpsons. Some buggies had to be pushed through it. that was perhaps ten years ago. I have only seen Simpsons used one time - think it was in the B500 when the VW Factory Touaregs came and raced with Mark Miller, et al. The time in 2005 or 2006 when the course went up Simpsons, I was not there, but heard it was a giant bottleneck for a long time for many.

AZ7000'

Reaction
It was smooth and graded in December. After prerunning, not so much!!