2017 Baja 500

nickybobby333

Reaction
It was 2005 it went up Simpson's. I was co-dawg for my grandpa in his 12 car, got tapped by a 1 car that was down on our way to the T intersection, and broke off a portion of the exhaust when he hit us. We ended up not having enough power to get through the crap up Simpsons. Got in line for the bottleneck on the other side of the water crossing. Ended up getting halfway up and had to park her on the side of the cliff high centered on a rock. It was a long cold night, and one of the Mexicans camping around lent us a sleeping bag and we fell asleep in the car full buckled and with our helmets on (in case another race car/truck accidentally tapped us and sent us on a ride down the hill) until our Chase pulled us out. o_O

This was my first Mexico racing experience. You would think after a night like this I wouldn't want to race down there anymore....HAH...you thought wrong!! Excited to get back to this area in Baja, after the last two 500s had a bunch of desert.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
I'm really surprised that they went right back to two way traffic on the highway after the Baja 1000 accident.

I don't think that lights were the only factor to the accident. Tons of race/chase/spectator vehicles on a two way road is sketchy IMO.

CodyParkhouse

Reaction
Why?? It might hit a little extra close to home to me but I thought the odds of there ever being 2-way highway traffic again would be very low. Let alone the very next race that has highway traffic. Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nickybobby333

Reaction
What wash is it going through in SF? And it isnt going to Simpsons right? Can't tell from the general map and I'm an idiot

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Honda48X

Reaction
Why?? It might hit a little extra close to home to me but I thought the odds of there ever being 2-way highway traffic again would be very low. Let alone the very next race that has highway traffic. Unbelievable.

Let's hope they route us down the highway and when returning up the wash. Very little two way traffic.

ffdfrontman

Reaction
Well Looks like I'll be playing class 11 chicken with TTs in the wee hours of the night. Maybe not TT but 6 or 8 class for sure which worries me more.

CodyParkhouse

Reaction
Well I got from a very, very reliable source that there is no 2-way traffic on the highway. So I retract my previous statements. This looks like a very awesome course.

JDDurfey

Reaction
Play connect the dots with the yellow pins in the picture to see the roughly how the Baja 1000 went in 05 to get onto Mike's road. The course came up the wash and crossed the highway and never stayed on the highway. If they can do this again, then the traffic coming from Mike's will merge onto the high way very close to where the traffic coming up the wash will merge onto the highway. But with some careful planning at that intersection I believe any two way traffic could be alleviated. It will still be a huge bottle neck for spectators, especially once there is race traffic coming from both directions.
Mike's2.jpg

J Burleson

Reaction
What time do the trucks start going off? I feel like last year it was 1030? Trying to figure out what time the 10s will go off. I feel like it was noonish last year. Thanks