2017 Can-Am Maverick X3 FULL LINEUP

JoeyD23

Reaction

BRP SETS THE STANDARD WITH NEW CAN-AM MAVERICK X3
The 2017 Can-Am Maverick X3 Features a Design that is Defiant, Precise and Powerful

BRP unveiled its flagship performance side-by-side vehicle, the Can-Am Maverick X3, tonight at its annual dealer meeting in Orlando, FL. The vehicle, with up to 24” of suspension travel, is engineered to reshape the market with a blend of a defiant design, precision handling and exceptional performance.

“With the Can-Am Maverick X3, we set a goal to deliver a clear leader in the sport segment, and our teams worked together and produced a bold vehicle with incredible looks, agility and performance,” said José Boisjoli, BRP’s president and CEO. “The Maverick X3 is the latest addition to our off-road model lineup as we continue to deliver on our promise to introduce a new side-by-side vehicle every six months through 2020.”

The Can-Am Maverick X3 vehicle is offered in three packages – the Maverick X3, the Maverick X3 X ds and Maverick X3 X rs. Each is designed and engineered to be Defiant, Precise and Powerful.

DEFIANT
The Maverick X3 side-by-side vehicle is an adrenaline rush. It has an extremely bold, distinctly Can-Am character, and it is designed so the driver and passenger feel connected to its every move. It features a low seating position, superior fit-and-finish and advanced Ergo-Lok cockpit that connects occupants to the vehicle for an enhanced driving experience.

PRECISE
The Can-Am Maverick X3 vehicle features a best-in-class, high-performance TTX rear suspension that has an industry-leading 24” of travel (Maverick X3 X rs). It also has an ultralight, fully welded chassis that delivers precise handling, exceptional durability and stiffer torsion. Its 102” wheelbase is 12” longer than the closest competition, and when combined with its balanced weight distribution (44/56) and up to 30” tires, the Maverick X3 delivers more comfort and confidence at high speeds with superior stability in even the most challenging terrain.

POWERFUL
An all-new 154-HP turbocharged and intercooled inline, triple-cylinder Rotax ACE engine provides the Can-Am Maverick X3 side-by-side vehicle with commanding, all-around performance. A highly efficient airflow system and performance-tuned transmission ensure the engine operates efficiently and at optimal levels. It has the ability to go 0-60 MPH in 4.9 seconds and has a high-performance QRS-X CVT calibrated to work with the turbo to virtually eliminate lag and enhance throttle response without shifting or torque interruption.

MAVERICK X3 ACCESSORIES
BRP has developed a full line of accessories for its new Can-Am Maverick X3 model, and it has also teamed up with several aftermarket leaders who have developed co-branded accessories specifically for the vehicle. These suppliers have created performance-inspired products, several of which are exclusive to Can-Am, that meet the strict demands of performance riders. Can-Am Maverick X3 accessory providers include Lonestar Racing, Beard Seats, Yoshimura, Baja Designs, Rugged Radios and SCS Unlimited. Click here for a full list of accessories.

SEE THE FULL LINEUP HERE: 2017 Can-Am Maverick X3 Lineup from UTVUnderground.com

JoeyD23

Reaction
Looks great. Is rear suspension the same as Polaris?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
Close. Can-Am is a 4-link. Polaris a 3-link. But it's virtually the same overall concept. No doubt Can-Am finally gave into the overall RZR design concept. The mid engine set up their machines have had for a while was clearly a downer for most people. This rear engine concept is the ticket.

Steve0

Reaction
Is Polaris technically a mid engine because the trans is behind the engine ? (Thinking like a buggy dork)

Do you have any close ups of the Mav rear suspension?

JoeyD23

Reaction
Is Polaris technically a mid engine because the trans is behind the engine ? (Thinking like a buggy dork)

Do you have any close ups of the Mav rear suspension?

I said mid engine because the previous can-am models housed the engines between the driver and passenger seats. In their 4 seat models it was between the two back seats.

Polaris RZRs however have always housed the engines behind the seats. This meant the seats were low to the ground giving the machine superior handling, comfort and center of gravity.

It's possible Can-Am could get hit with a lawsuit for infringing on Polaris' patented rear engine design. I know Arctic Cat was sued by them for the same thing. Not sure what the verdict was.

You can see more pics and all specs here: 2017 Can-Am Maverick X3 Lineup from UTVUnderground.com

Steve0

Reaction
I said mid engine because the previous can-am models housed the engines between the driver and passenger seats. In their 4 seat models it was between the two back seats.

Polaris RZRs however have always housed the engines behind the seats. This meant the seats were low to the ground giving the machine superior handling, comfort and center of gravity.

It's possible Can-Am could get hit with a lawsuit for infringing on Polaris' patented rear engine design. I know Arctic Cat was sued by them for the same thing. Not sure what the verdict was.

You can see more pics and all specs here: 2017 Can-Am Maverick X3 Lineup from UTVUnderground.com
Thanks for the reply Joey. I wonder if they'll have to do the same on the 4 seat model because of the wheel base.

Have you driving this yet? If so, whats your take between the two beast?

Fourstroker

Reaction
Cost for the Big Dog? Looks good. The 4 seater will be loooooonnnnngggg

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
I heard they won V2R...

dude1782

Reaction
One x3 won the utv unlimited class, not the utv overall. The other x3 was totaled in the silt bed log jam.

RedRide

Reaction
I finally saw a new Maverick X3 last weekend and I was extremely surprised by how much more robust this unit is compared to my razor. In addition, the fit and finish is beautiful. Polaris better come to the table with something big in 2018. The only thing that makes me feel good about buying a new razor is that Can Am doesn't have a 4 seat option. It will be interesting to see if they do.

JoeyD23

Reaction
I finally saw a new Maverick X3 last weekend and I was extremely surprised by how much more robust this unit is compared to my razor. In addition, the fit and finish is beautiful. Polaris better come to the table with something big in 2018. The only thing that makes me feel good about buying a new razor is that Can Am doesn't have a 4 seat option. It will be interesting to see if they do.

They will. But it seems they do have their bugs to work out. A Stop / Ride Recall was put out by Can-Am apparently on the X3 due to a failed steering set up. They X3 is bad ass though. I'm sure Polaris has something up their sleeve. They have no intention of not remaining #1 in market share I'm sure.

Zambo

Reaction
I read about the steering issue. I'm sure they'll get it figured out. Hey, how far can one of these things go on a tank of fuel lets say prerunning?

NIKAL

Reaction
I read about the steering issue. I'm sure they'll get it figured out. Hey, how far can one of these things go on a tank of fuel lets say prerunning?
And that is the biggest problem with the UTV. They all seem to be stuck on putting 10 gal fuel tanks in these vehicles. And with the bigger engines and HP, that tank is going less miles. I have the XP4 and when doing Baja play trips I built a rack that goes in the place of the rear seats. One side of the rack is to carry two 5 gal fuel cans. Its not ideal, as I dont like carrying fuel that way. But to get any sort of mileage I have to do so. I will say, the cans I have and the mods I made to them, I have not had a single drop of fuel leak, weep or drip. When I tested the cans I filled them with water and tipped them upside down for a good 10 min, and nothing came out. So I do feel comfortable with them sitting behind me, but its not ideal!

When in Baja we like to calculate a 180 to 200 mile range between fuel stops, and I feel comfortable getting 100 miles out of the stock tank. We get more, but in Baja you dont calculate the max, you have to be conservative. So with the extra 10 gal I feel good knowing I can get 200 plus.

Zambo

Reaction
And that is the biggest problem with the UTV. They all seem to be stuck on putting 10 gal fuel tanks in these vehicles. And with the bigger engines and HP, that tank is going less miles. I have the XP4 and when doing Baja play trips I built a rack that goes in the place of the rear seats. One side of the rack is to carry two 5 gal fuel cans. Its not ideal, as I dont like carrying fuel that way. But to get any sort of mileage I have to do so. I will say, the cans I have and the mods I made to them, I have not had a single drop of fuel leak, weep or drip. When I tested the cans I filled them with water and tipped them upside down for a good 10 min, and nothing came out. So I do feel comfortable with them sitting behind me, but its not ideal!

When in Baja we like to calculate a 180 to 200 mile range between fuel stops, and I feel comfortable getting 100 miles out of the stock tank. We get more, but in Baja you dont calculate the max, you have to be conservative. So with the extra 10 gal I feel good knowing I can get 200 plus.

Thanks Nikal. I envisioned putting a 22 gallon ATL cell in the back if I buy one. In the stock race classes, do you have to replace the stock cell with a bladder and can? I'd imagine so.

NIKAL

Reaction
Thanks Nikal. I envisioned putting a 22 gallon ATL cell in the back if I buy one. In the stock race classes, do you have to replace the stock cell with a bladder and can? I'd imagine so.
Not sure what series, your looking at racing. But the D38 series in Plaster City has a "stock class" where the stock fuel tank is legal as is the stock cage and doors. (An aftermarket cage is highly suggested, but not required. Also aftermarket bolt on cages are OK) As of this season D38 allows either window nets or wrist restraints. But I was told starting next season they will require a window net on all UTV classes.

Off the top of my head I think this is what was required to race the D38 stock class. Helmet, drivers suit, 4 or 5 point seat belts, wrist restraints or window nets, first aid kit and fire extinguisher.

RedRide

Reaction

I run a similar setup. 2 rotopacks behind the back seat and 1 small 2.5gal can like yours. I have never had to use the last 2.5 can. Nice thing is that I have 2 seats in the back of I need them.

Zambo

Reaction
I was at the dealer today. They said the steering issue is that they weren't putting the right amount of grease into the rack. The fix is that they add a tube of grease if the vehicle is new and its ready to sell. If the vehicle has been used they are replacing the rack.