• Forum membership has its advantages....

2017 F1 Predictions

Bricoop

Here's the schedule. Apparently the app is worth checking out:
upload_2017-7-7_10-0-11.png

End of FP1

upload_2017-7-7_9-57-10.png

End of FP2

upload_2017-7-7_9-55-13.png

Hmmmm, things might not be so peachy with Sainz and TR.

There looks to be about a 50% chance of rain, which would be very exciting.

freddy

The only thing that is for certain in F1 now is that Sauber is always last, with our Swedish hero usually taking up the tail end. :)

I know we shouldn't take fridays to much into account, but I'm hopeful of a tight qualy and race this week.

Looks like Hamilton will get a five grid penalty due to a gearbox change, that could make things really interesting.

Hoping for a good race for Max also, the kid deserves it.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
VB was on the gas! Nicely done. Grosjean, Perez and Sainz all punched above their weight and qualified well. Vettel really, really needs to get through the first turn cleanly tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how Lewis fairs from P8 running the super softs.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
I was really hoping to see one last flying lap...It will be interesting for sure. Still a chance for rain, but less than 50%.
Yeah...I wouldn't mind a little rain shower mid race to shake things up a bit!

Last edited:

freddy

Yeah, we were stolen there for a great finish there in the end of Q3. Both Ham and Seb seemed to drive over the limit, I think they both were eager for that pole. Good for Bottas to take one more, will we see some tactics from Mercedes tomorrow, Bottas running slow at the start so Seb and the others can't make the best of their ultra softs in the beginning?

bajaherbie

Grojean finishes 6th! K Mag has trouble and drops out of the race early. Team Haas now how 29 constructor points, last year they finished the season with 29 points.

EOR1488

What are chance Danny K. Has a ride in F1 next year?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

freddy

What are chance Danny K. Has a ride in F1 next year?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert
If Sainz goes, as he says he will, I guess they will keep him. Otherwise I'd say his chances are slim at best.

freddy

Grojean finishes 6th! K Mag has trouble and drops out of the race early. Team Haas now how 29 constructor points, last year they finished the season with 29 points.
Magnussen was not a happy camper as he rolled in to the pits today, that's for sure. Good for Grosjean and Haas, apparently he's more happy with the brakes now.

freddy

Definitely not a race like Baku today. The only excitement was at the end with both Ham and Seb chasing for better positions. Tires was an issue today as I don't think we've seen for a while, blisters for many today. Red Bull ring looks like a good track for driving an F1 car, but today the racing wasn't that great.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Agree. It was sort of processional, up until the end when Riccarido had to hit the 'wide car' button in the Red Bull to fend off Lewis. Grosjean had a good race. Bottas looked happy after the race but also seems much more serious. Interesting! And...BTW, what a start. On two of the views, it looked legit then on the last one I saw it looked like he jumped. But glad they didn't take it away from him. Danny K is a cat with nine lives. As said above, I doubt he will be at Toro Rosso next year. Sainz started 9th or 10th...went back to 15th very quickly then moved back up. No clue what caused the yo-yo down and back up the running order. WhoooHOOO, the Force India boys didn't take each other out! And finally, I don't know whose luck is worse Alonso or Verstappen's. Dang! Short turnaround this week. Can't wait for Silverstone.

Bricoop

Definitely not a race like Baku today. The only excitement was at the end with both Ham and Seb chasing for better positions. Tires was an issue today as I don't think we've seen for a while, blisters for many today. Red Bull ring looks like a good track for driving an F1 car, but today the racing wasn't that great.

I think it also is because of this current car. These cars are so aero dependent in the turns, the only passing this season seems to be on long straights, not one of the RB Ring's specialties. Silverstone should be fun with many upgrades expected!

Yeah, Bottas jumped it, but I'm not sure if it would have made a difference. If HAM finished second, I'm fairly confident we'd see a lot of moaning from the UK press.

freddy

F1 live from London in about an hour or so, 6pm local time. It's on tv here in Sweden anyway, don't know about US. We'll see what it is, should be show off runs from all the teams as I understand it.