• Forum membership has its advantages....

2017 F1 Predictions

freddy

Did you see the photo at the bottom? Certainly a cringe factor there.
Yes, saw the photo, apparently the knot is ok as it has been homologated like that. No further action as I understand it.

Bottas quickest in practice 2. It will be Ferrari vs Mercedes this week again. I hope Bottas can take a win without any issues for Hamilton or Vettel. That should spice up things even more.

In other news, the Sauber Honda deal seems less and less likely to happen. Will we even see Honda in F1 at all next year? I'm doubtful...

What's more likely is a comeback for Kubica! At first I was really sceptic about this, but now I don't know anymore. Would be really cool if it happened though.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Bricoop

Great info. There's also consideration from Porsche to enter the engine manufacturing game for the 2021 season. I don't think anyone will have anything for Merc, unless it rains, which is looking like a possibility.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Boy...Lewis caused a chit storm by being the only driver to miss F1 Live. The top British driver missing the biggest fan event ever before the British GP. Whoa!

freddy

Boy...Lewis caused a chit storm by being the only driver to miss F1 Live. The top British driver missing the biggest fan event ever before the British GP. Whoa!
Yeah, definitely. I don't know what he was thinking not going to this show. Toto Wolf even got some boohs when he tried to explain why he wasn't there. I would say Vettel was more popular in the crowd than Hamilton, in London!

5 grid penalty for Bottas after a gearbox change. There goes that chance of winning.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Wow, that was a dique move and did impede RG IMO. Hoping for weather or a spoiler tomorrow to make it a RACE. Bottas is on an alt strategy. Riccardo will be coming! Kimi looks fast. Can't wait!

Bricoop

Best race of the year? I vote yes. Holy crap.

In my fantasy league I picked Ham Bot Vet, if you get them all right you get a bunch of bonus points...it was quite the rollercoaster for me. In all seriousness, I did not understand why bottas wasn't catching Kimi quicker, but now it makes sense, Kimi must have been pushing quite hard to keep a gap while on the softs. But Ferrari must have a lot of DF on front lefts for them to have an almost identical failure. There was a difference it appears, Kimi's tire separated from the carcass before going flat. Vettles went flat under braking. There were some flat spots on that tire from the battle with Bottas, but it could have just beeen overly aggressive DF causing tha...I guess that could be caused by breaking bias too.

^100% speculation^

Chris_Wilson

RB must be second guessing that late stop for Verstappen, cost him a podium that 2 laps earlier looked impossible. What a finish, wow!

EOR1488

As a Ferrari guy that race broke my freaking heart but how can you not love the drive Bottas put in.

Danny K for the win on another dumb ass move it blows my mind that Torro Rosso said this week they are planning on keeping him.

Haas just didn't have the pace all weekend not sure if other cars upgrade packages over the past couple weeks have made a huge difference mid pack. Like Renault for example whatever they did the car seemed way better

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

freddy

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Me after today's Quali!

Haha! I agree. Quite the gap from the top three teams to the 'rest of the field' although the Hulk put in a nice performance. But I think he has a grid spot penalty for a trans change. It will be interesting to see if the two RB guys have anything for Merc. Ricciardo indicated that bumper cars might happen.

freddy

Impressive performance by Di Resta also. Not an easy task to jump into qualifying with no experience in the car. Hope he will have a good race.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

EOR1488

Well interesting race. A lot of follow the leader with no passing for most of the race but still amazed that Lewis Hamilton didn't make a pass some how on the slowed Ferrari's. Daniel Ricardo must be devastated im certain he probably would of won this race if it wasn't for his teammate. Haas has been interesting just haven't had the pace to compete much the past couple of races. Good thing Kmag makes that car super wide cause both Renaults had much more pace today then he did. Summer break any word on any other upgrades coming out soon? Looks like Honda is going into the break with some excitement and much needed points good run by them today.