• Forum membership has its advantages....

2017 F1 Predictions

EOR1488

Don't forget Vettle smashed into Hamilton at Euro GP and only got 10 seconds? Same as Max in this case and those were two very different actions one was an accident one was very much on purpose

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Bricoop

Agreed, tough to compare the Max vs Seb incidents. Racing v caution / intent / damage / outcome

I was initially surprised we didn't see Dan give more room to Max when that tire locked up. I went and rewatched it and Dan was almost a full car length ahead of Max. Good lesson for the kid.

freddy

More and more rumors lately that Honda will supply engines to Toro Rosso from 2018 and possibly Red Bull from 2019. If this happens, where does that leave McLaren, I don't think they will want to share engine supplier with RB.

Kubicas test after the Hungarian GP went really good from what I have read. I'm so hoping that he can make a reality of this comeback, and be competitive. He's got unfinished business in F1.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

freddy

Ferrari has just announced a three year extension for Vettel. So then it's status quo as Raikkonen has already signed.

Ferrari looked fast in FP3, we'll see at qualifying how much more speed the Mercs have.

EOR1488

What a fun race! I love Spa. Tons of action but nothing else matters only that wicked pass Daniel R put on during the restart. OMFG!

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

freddy

Both Force India drivers are now neutered, and one may not be back next year. Sad, because they are both very fast IMO.
I heard they had a new policy in the team, whoever cause a collision between the two will not drive the next race. I don't know how that will work as I think Perez pays quite a lot for the privilege to drive.

Kind of a boring race this weekend. Spent most of the time working in the garage instead of watching and I don't think I missed that much.

Hamilton is impressively fast in qualifying. There's no question about that.

Bricoop

Race had some glimmering moments, but we all knew how they were going to finish pretty early on (btw, I scored a perfect podium in Fantasy). I don't know why Williams didn't let Massa through to work on Ocon, he was clearly faster than Stroll. I didn't chime in after Spa, but what Perez did there was ugly.

If Max could show some patience, it'd do a lot for his results.

Singapore should be really fun. I expect Mclaren to score some points there.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Riccardo's pass on Kimi was otherworldly! He came from WAY back, stayed in it, late braked and somehow didn't lock up or hit the somewhat slushy Iceman. Great move!

Max is young and is showing his youth in his impatience. But he is a good personality and fun to watch.

I agree that teams like Mclaren, Toro Rosso and Haas should do well in Singapore and Red Bull should be on the podium if not win the race. We should hopefully know where Alonso is going for 2018 by then.

freddy

Wow, lots of stuff happening in F1 now... I guess all those rumors a while back were right after all. Look for Honda to be really competitive next year, typical luck for Alonso. Seriously though, I'm guessing red bull aren't thrilled about all this, over time they will move down a notch in the Renault pecking order. Honda 2019?

I heard there's a race this weekend also. :)

Skickat från min iPhone med race-deZert

freddy

That race turned uninteresting in record time. Don't even know where to point the blame on that start crash. It appears Max is like a magnet for bad things happening to him and whomever happens to be close by. But for this one I think both Vettel and Kimi have to look at themselves also. Race incident in the end I guess...

Bricoop

That race turned uninteresting in record time. Don't even know where to point the blame on that start crash. It appears Max is like a magnet for bad things happening to him and whomever happens to be close by. But for this one I think both Vettel and Kimi have to look at themselves also. Race incident in the end I guess...

Yeah, that was such a bummer. If we're going to place blame I guess it should be on Seb. Looking at it from each driving seat, its just a racing incident. Too bad, it was sure to be a great race. Congrats to CSjr on his 4th place finish.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Pierre Gasly is taking Kvyat's seat at Toro Roso at Malaysia this weekend. Gasly is stupid fast so it will be exciting to watch. I am not a Kvyat fan, but getting yanked mid season from Red Bull and now getting yanked from Toro Roso is brutal. Dude must be very...'low.'

freddy

Pierre Gasly is taking Kvyat's seat at Toro Roso at Malaysia this weekend. Gasly is stupid fast so it will be exciting to watch. I am not a Kvyat fan, but getting yanked mid season from Red Bull and now getting yanked from Toro Roso is brutal. Dude must be very...'low.'
It's brutal driving for Red Bull when Marko says your out. I wonder if they'd assumed that Sainz would be gone by now and Gasly had already been promised the drive. Allegedly Palmer has been offered a large amount of money for walking away from Renault, but opted not to.