2017 Mint 400 Las Vegas Distillery Moonshine Whiskey

Kilian

_
Reaction

We released our limited edition 2017 Mint 400 Las Vegas Distillery Moonshine Whiskey today. Bottled in a heavy glass bottle and wrapped in a custom Mad Media designed label, the limited edition batch of 500 bottles comes hand numbered by the distiller and carefully packaged in a wood box. Only 100 of these will be available for purchase to the general public, as the remaining bottles will be gifted to each race team and sponsor of The Great American Off-Road Race.

The 100 bottles of moonshine whiskey available to the public will be numbered 401-500 and can be purchased and reserved online here. Bottles will not be shipped in the mail but be held at Las Vegas Distillery located at 7330 Eastgate Rd, Ste 100, Henderson, Nevada 89011. You must pick up your bottle in person at the distillery. Each purchase includes a special Mint 400 Las Vegas Distillery Tour & Tasting valued at $25.00.

Las Vegas Distillery is the exclusive seller of the 2017 Mint 400 bottle.

Last edited:

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
Killian,

I purchased mine last night but cant find anywhere when it says they are available for pick up? Do you know?

robertharman

Reaction
Bottles will not be shipped in the mail but be held at Las Vegas Distillery located at 7330 Eastgate Rd, Ste 100, Henderson, Nevada 89011. You must pick up your bottle in person at the distillery.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
Reserved mine. Bonus is I live a mile and a half from the Distillery.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
Hard to call it Whiskey when it is not barrel aged... We have a lot of distilleries nearby in Kentucky and even have on in Chattanooga now and what is shown there is likely distilled but not barrel aged and therefore might not taste great... I'm sure that's why they are calling it "Moonshine Whiskey" but it seems to have more in common with "moonshine" than "Whiskey"...

That being said, I'd still love to add a bottle of it to my collection!!!

Kilian

_
Reaction
Hard to call it Whiskey when it is not barrel aged... We have a lot of distilleries nearby in Kentucky and even have on in Chattanooga now and what is shown there is likely distilled but not barrel aged and therefore might not taste great... I'm sure that's why they are calling it "Moonshine Whiskey" but it seems to have more in common with "moonshine" than "Whiskey"...

That being said, I'd still love to add a bottle of it to my collection!!!
True. Our distillery George is rad and he can run you through the whole deal when you pick up your bottle. His distillery is great - in the booze district out in Henderson. KJ Howe's "Grape Expectations" is out there is well. DEFINITELY check that place out, he's got it down!

Chris Tobin

Reaction
True. Our distillery George is rad and he can run you through the whole deal when you pick up your bottle. His distillery is great - in the booze district out in Henderson. KJ Howe's "Grape Expectations" is out there is well. DEFINITELY check that place out, he's got it down!
It is very cool what you can learn (and taste) in the tours!!! The Jim Beam tour was very informative of the process and my wife and I got to bottle our own bottle to take home. The Woodford Reserve tour was more glitzy about the process but more informative about the tasting process. Then our own Chattanooga Distillery (our son took us there for our 25th anniversary this year) was less informative but much more personal and close quarters of a tour and their tasting flight was a good combination too.

We haven't done the Jack Daniels tour yet, and are not sure if we will since we were told it is a dry county so they can't sell at all at the factory!!! I think there are 20 or more in Kentucky which is not too far away and as we have time driving through on our trips we plan to stop in for tours when we can. They even have bus tours that take you to several distilleries...

If I get back to Vegas I'll have to check out the Las Vegas Distillery!

Kilian

_
Reaction
It is very cool what you can learn (and taste) in the tours!!! The Jim Beam tour was very informative of the process and my wife and I got to bottle our own bottle to take home. The Woodford Reserve tour was more glitzy about the process but more informative about the tasting process. Then our own Chattanooga Distillery (our son took us there for our 25th anniversary this year) was less informative but much more personal and close quarters of a tour and their tasting flight was a good combination too.

We haven't done the Jack Daniels tour yet, and are not sure if we will since we were told it is a dry county so they can't sell at all at the factory!!! I think there are 20 or more in Kentucky which is not too far away and as we have time driving through on our trips we plan to stop in for tours when we can. They even have bus tours that take you to several distilleries...

If I get back to Vegas I'll have to check out the Las Vegas Distillery!
We are working on something "nostalgic" for next year's 50th, that may involve filling your own.

Kilian

_
Reaction
Guys, I just talked to George at the distillery.

There are only 23 bottles left!

Get em while they're available.

Chris Tobin

Reaction
Wow that was quick!

Bdub 1020

Reaction
We are working on something "nostalgic" for next year's 50th, that may involve filling your own.
Your really going to call it the 50th Kilian. How many years has the Mint has actually been raced, Serious question

Chris Tobin

Reaction
So the 2017 edition is the 36th running and the 2018 edition is the 37th running and 50th anniversary of the first running. To call it the 50th Mint 400 is a punk move, look at the Indy 500. They also missed several races in their history with the 100th anniversary celebration taking place 3-5 years before the actual 100th running of the Indy 500 which took place last year in 2016. The fans knew and understood the difference. I am sure the desert race fans know and will understand too.

Next year will be the 50th anniversary of the Mint 400, but it is also the 37th running of the race since there was a 13 year period plus 1974 that the race was not run...

Bdub 1020

Reaction
Some cool names on there. I did not realize Jim Temple and Kenny Cox were on there. I was hoping Butch Dean got a mention somehow. Look at the times of the 1st 3 races. Those were diehard men right there. Is the 50th what Trump calls fake Media/ News lol

Last edited:

Kilian

_
Reaction
So the 2017 edition is the 36th running and the 2018 edition is the 37th running and 50th anniversary of the first running. To call it the 50th Mint 400 is a punk move, look at the Indy 500. They also missed several races in their history with the 100th anniversary celebration taking place 3-5 years before the actual 100th running of the Indy 500 which took place last year in 2016. The fans knew and understood the difference. I am sure the desert race fans know and will understand too.

Next year will be the 50th anniversary of the Mint 400, but it is also the 37th running of the race since there was a 13 year period plus 1974 that the race was not run...
Thanks for the clarification.