• Forum membership has its advantages....

2017 NORRA ANUBE STELLA (TRACKER) UPDATE

jeff

I received an e-mail back from NORRA regarding the Anube Stella tracker and thought it would be helpful to post their reply.

----------------------------------------------------------

** EVERYONE is to purchase their tracker at the NORRA online store.

** MOTO trackers will be shipped. They are more challenging to install vs the cars.

** CAR trackers will be mounted at Tech by Anube as they go through inspection. They WILL need to have power available for the tracker.

Press release info: NORRA: NORRA 2017 RA2- NORRA Mexican 1000 - URGENT: ANUBE STELLA III Tracking System/Mounts
-----------------------------------------------------------

Aloha

LantanaTX

You need a positive and negative wire and a 3 amp fuse in the positive wire. They want the positive to come straight off the battery. I am not thrilled about not having the bracket to work with as our car is tiny and very limited on space. We have a ram mount that we think will work off the A pillar and the flexibility of the Ram Mount will all us to position it where it will work. There is an optional Stella mount for A pillar mount but there mount looks like it would interfere with the steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris_Wilson

I ordered my kit from SCORE so I can install it myself before NORRA.

LantanaTX

I ordered my kit from SCORE so I can install it myself before NORRA.
I thought of that but Gabriel at Stella said I wouldn't get it because they are working on the San Filipe 250 right now. I bought it off the NORRA site instead.

bajabird

So if not ordered yet....... Best option is??

LantanaTX

200 installs during contingency seems challenging. If they start with our car, I don't know how they will get them all done. We want it done right. We bought a Ram mount with a 1.5" bar mount on one end and a flat plate with four holes on the other. We will have a drill and bolts ready to drill the mount for the Ram Mount base. Hopefully this will work. Even though I paid, they will not mail the bracket. Anyone in S. CA that has raced Score with Stella willing to let us borrow theirs just for mock up?

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Bob is the Stella thingy mandatory now? Is this the only tracker or are there other transponders, trackers etc. My last NORRA race was 2013, so trying to get updated.

LantanaTX

Bob is the Stella thingy mandatory now? Is this the only tracker or are there other transponders, trackers etc. My last NORRA race was 2013, so trying to get updated.
Yes, mandatory. I am actually very excited to use it. It has some great features.

luvbaja2

Anybody have the physical dimensions of the box? Thought I saw them somewhere but can't find it again.

jeff

I have a few of these concerns / questions sent to NORRA. Specifically asked if wiring to the always on side of the battery switch may be allowed. Running new wires from remote batteries into the cab would not be fun on my own truck during the tech install. Hopefully they will be somewhat lenient with the direct to battery requirement.

Aloha

LantanaTX

I have a few of these concerns / questions sent to NORRA. Specifically asked if wiring to the always on side of the battery switch may be allowed. Running new wires from remote batteries into the cab would not be fun on my own truck during the tech install. Hopefully they will be somewhat lenient with the direct to battery requirement.

Aloha
Maybe if you were to crash you might turn off the battery master switch without thinking and not realize the Stella cannot be used to call for help?

scary fast hummer

Maybe if you were to crash you might turn off the battery master switch without thinking and not realize the Stella cannot be used to call for help?
He was referring to the always powered side of the cut off switch. I was thinking the same thing. It would be a much shorter run and easier to do from the power side of the rear cut off switch which is connected directly to the battery. (I actually have two cut off switches, one rear, one forward. Either cuts off the power.)

coolerking

I would think that by saying "direct to battery" they mean, no switches or breakers in between, so anywhere on the line side of the postive circuit.
So, why not pre wire a few leads that can get pretty much anywhere, coiled up and ready, and then you will have the power ready when you get to tech?
Just add a few zip ties and butt connects/heat shrink and you are good to go.

LantanaTX

So, why not pre wire a few leads that can get pretty much anywhere, coiled up and ready, and then you will have the power ready when you get to tech?
Just add a few zip ties and butt connects/heat shrink and you are good to go.
When I spoke the them, this is what they are expecting all of us to do including a 3 amp fuse. We are taking power off of the always on side of the battery master switch. I am also showing up with a Ram Mount for their bracket. I don't believe their optional mount will work for us as it looks like the Stella will be against my steering wheel if I put it at an angle that I can see it. The Ram Mount gives more movement to position where I need it.

jeff

I should have been more clear... the always on side of the battery switch meaning the battery cable side... No matter what the switch position is the power remains constant. Doing that will be a lot easier than trying to run new wires from rear mounted batteries into a sealed cab.

Aloha

LantanaTX

I should have been more clear... the always on side of the battery switch meaning the battery cable side... No matter what the switch position is the power remains constant. Doing that will be a lot easier than trying to run new wires from rear mounted batteries into a sealed cab.

Aloha
You were clear. My mistake. We will also use the battery switch on both vehicles we are bringing.

Zambo

I have a set of these installed on top of my dash for powering up last minute or temporary stuff like this. You can get em at radio shack.

volks 73

Anybody have the physical dimensions of the box? Thought I saw them somewhere but can't find it again.
The dimensions would be helpful. My problem is not wiring, its finding a place to mount it. Real estate is a little scarce.