2017 NORRA UPDATES

jeff

Reaction
I've been getting e-mails, calls and texts from racers and chasers. These answers are straight from Jenny Coleman (NORRA).

If anybody has questions please PM them to me and I will do my best to update this thread with the answers.

Right now the NORRA Facebook page will have the most current and up to date information. The NORRA website requires additional time/effort to post updates. In order to get the information out as quickly as possible NORRA is using social media. If you want the LATEST information FACEBOOK should have it. I do not have a FACEBOOK account but I can view all of the NORRA 1000 updates. That means you don't have to sign up for FACEBOOK to get access to this information:

NORRA Facebook Link:
Norra Mexican 1000 - Fan Page

NORRA has 240 entries as of 4/13/2017

Border Crossing Information:
You should have received the Racer e-mail update this morning (April 14). If you haven't you can find the same information on the NORRA website. Link: NORRA: NORRA 2017 RA12- URGENT! All vehicles crossing border with race equipment need to be added to team profile. Border crossing tips.

Most racers & chasers are going to be crossing the border during an 18 hour window. That could be 500-1000 trucks. In order to help reduce chaos the governing powers have asked NORRA to collect a list of all non-racecar vehicles. That includes tow vehicles, chase trucks, trailers, etc. Doing this "should" HELP get across more smoothly. NORRA received this information request at 4pm on Thursday, April 13. The Mexican officials want the list by Monday morning (April 17).

LEADNAV
NORRA is still waiting on LEADNAV to provide the data file. File download information will be sent in an e-mail Racer Alert and posted to the NORRA website once it is available.

GPS Course Map
The Course Map and GPS file will be sent in an e-mail Racer Alert. This is most likely going to be sent out on Monday, April 17th.

Aloha

scary fast hummer

Reaction
PM sent

jeff

Reaction
PM Received. I am asking now and will post the answer as soon as I get it.

Aloha

jeff

Reaction
scary fast hummer asked if he was able to enter Mexico at an alternate border crossing... and here's the condensed answer from NORRA:

=========================
Yes, but at your own risk. NORRA will not be able to do much if you get hassled. All NORRA border crossing advice being provided is based on what they are being told by the border officials.
=========================

Aloha

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Do those who need tourist visa's need to stop at the border crossing at Otay Mesa to file and pay or will Immigration have a representative at registration in Ensenada ?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today