• Forum membership has its advantages....

2018-2020 KTM's for BAJA

DRZ_Motorsports_119

I'm a long time Red Rider, and currently searching the market for a new bike for next year. I'm looking at the KTM 500 both (EXC-F and XCF-W) what are PRO's and CON's, modifications for ride-race, any suggestions?

Expert Level, current ride XR650R with all the goodies.

mikefrick

EXC-F has big stator ready for race lights. I’m not positive, but I think XC-f has linkage suspension, while EXC-f does not. I’d go with the Husky fe501. Linkage suspension, big stator

mikefrick

EXC-F has big stator ready for race lights. I’m not positive, but I think XC-f has linkage suspension, while EXC-f does not. I’d go with the Husky fe501. Linkage suspension, big stator
I’m sorry, I missed that you’re looking at the W, not the xc-f. Still my vote goes to the husky

cynicwanderer

I'm also looking at the 2019-2020 CRF450X...I'd also look at what after market parts, like larger tanks are available, etc... I think the 2020 KTM500 exc/xc-w are essentially the same, except possibly for the ECU tune and turn signals, etc...

DG_BTI

I'm also looking at the 2019-2020 CRF450X...I'd also look at what after market parts, like larger tanks are available, etc... I think the 2020 KTM500 exc/xc-w are essentially the same, except possibly for the ECU tune and turn signals, etc...
I have a new 450X race bike I built that has yet to be raced. Basically a 1x replica bike minus A kit suspension.Thinking of selling as plans have change. Hit me up if interested.