2018 50th MINT 400 VINTAGE Classes

Retro Francis

Hey everyone, With this year being the 50th year of the MINT 400 it should be very Important that you get your entries in as soon as they are out. BITD told me that they should be mailed out some time next week, so keep an eye out.
This year I will be working with Kilian at Mad Media on the Vintage parade and display. I am also working with the ORMHOF to have a GREAT display of the Vintage cars. More to follow as the plans comes together.
Also there will be some tightening of the rules this year. The Vintage classes have been growing so myself and Rory Ward and a couple of others will be making sure that only Vintage era correct cars and trucks are entered.
The new rules will soon be posted, But the biggest changes will be that BACK HALFED TRUCKS will NOT be allowed. Even for the OPEN class the race cars and trucks must be ERA CORRECT . Also if you are planning on racing in the afternoon race weather as a Driver or Co Driver you cannot Drive or Co drive in the Vintage classes. I also really wanted to make the Vintages class race as we did in the old days, when drivers had to drive. And that was to do away with GPS' and make the drivers have to think again but I had a few people complain about that idea. So keep an eye out for your entries or the BITD web page so you can print them out. If you are not sure what class your car fits in feel free to contact ME or Rory.
As always I can be reached at 951-233-3825 . I look forward to seeing all of you at THE 50th MINT 400.

TROPHYSEDAN

Can everyone post there number of there car. We need a number for Holy Toledo. Thanks Retro for the heads up. Looking at having 2 Jeeps there.

Sandwinder2

Team Sandwinder 4534 will be there. I would be ok with no GPS, the only thing I have used it for was a speedo in the speed zones.

Gary Plagman

Hi Retro Francis Keep this big wheel turning.
BY the way what was happing in 1968? Who has the entry form for that year?
Hey Guys and Gals, It's that time of year again who is planning to race the Mint 50th 2018.

Vintage Guys.

LAZY-H

Large Member
image.jpeg
Are you racing open Vintage? Open starts with 4550 and goes up. We are 4572 in Little Mac.
Yup, would've liked to get 4513, same as my Grandpas #13 in 1968 but we only qualify for Opem Vintage Class so we took 4568 (tribute to 1968 50th anniversary) See y'all in March !

TROPHYSEDAN

4536. Sent.

Peter Alesi Jr.

Norm, I called Mad Media and BITD and they said if I run only one lap in the morning with the vintage class, I can also drive a lap in the afternoon as a co-driver

Retro Francis

Norm, I called Mad Media and BITD and they said if I run only one lap in the morning with the vintage class, I can also drive a lap in the afternoon as a co-driver
Sorry Peter, but you can't I put it in the rules and Liz at BITD knows that. Thats how it is this year.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Here's the rules posted for the BITD series including the MINT 400...

rules 1.JPG

Rules2.JPG