• Forum membership has its advantages....

2018 51st SCORE Baja 1000 Race Week Thread - Map, live video, tracking, updates, discussion, etc.

It's race week! This first post will have links to tracking, Weatherman feed, race map, live video, etc. Myself or Klaus will update this first post with the video and tracking as SCORE makes them available.

Everyone can use this thread to talk about the race this week, updates during the race, post videos, photos, whatever you've got.

SCORE Live contingency and race day video:

Tracking:
51st SCORE Baja 1000 tracking

Live Weatherman feed (live 4am Friday)

SCORE press releases:
- Racers from 41 states, 18 countries
- Expanded entry list.
- Just the facts. (includes full event schedule)
- Race week nears 285 entries.
- Final entry list

Fishgistics live hourly race day updates:
- Fishgistics Facebook page

Race map:
- GPX file
2018_score_Baja_1000_2018_race_map_v1.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

bomber

Thanks for the coverage guys! All of us stuck behind keyboards appreciate it.

Everyone be safe and have a blast down there.

Chainguide

I am only posting this to give everyone a heads up and as a reminder to be diligent out there. Again I am hesitant to even post this but I heard a rumor just now of a motorcycle team that was robbed at gunpoint while prerunning. Supposedly thieves took their van and bikes. I have no more details at this time but will post as soon as I get them.

Zambo

Beware of construction on Hwy 1 near Santo Tomas. I can't remember now if it was south or north of town, but basically they only let traffic go in one direction. You might time it just right and not have to stop, but if you time it wrong you might sit there for an hour or more waiting for your lane to start moving.

I am only posting this to give everyone a heads up and as a reminder to be diligent out there. Again I am hesitant to even post this but I heard a rumor just now of a motorcycle team that was robbed at gunpoint while prerunning. Supposedly thieves took their van and bikes. I have no more details at this time but will post as soon as I get them.
Not to sound negative or in denial but this story pops up almost every year and I could be mistaken but the last I know it really did happen was 2005/2006. But they werent robbed, they were shot at and 1 got hit.

Id wait for confirmation before spreading a rumor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hurley37

I will be providing IV Hydration on Thursday at the Bahia Hotel for any racers that are interested in prehydrating for the race. IV Hydration is ideally administered 24 hours prior to race time. Information regarding IV Hydration is available on the website Finishlineivhydration.com.
I will be too at the San Nicholas

Zambo

The silt at the turn is going to be a tough hazard to overcome but should make for a great race through the back 9 and into the clubhouse for sure!
The silt from 380 to 550 is precisely where they are going to kick ass IMO. These things blow through silt like it’s not even there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk