• Forum membership has its advantages....

2018 51st SCORE Baja 1000 Race Week Thread - Map, live video, tracking, updates, discussion, etc.

lf1952

Please post some prerun pictures for us who are sadly missing out of the festivities. Race day pics will also be appreciated. Thanks

harleys dad

Not to sound negative or in denial but this story pops up almost every year and I could be mistaken but the last I know it really did happen was 2005/2006. But they werent robbed, they were shot at and 1 got hit.

Id wait for confirmation before spreading a rumor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
we got held up by a Tj cop on our way down in 2006, pulled a gun and pointed it at my son demanding money, when we got to Ensanada we told Oscar Ramos who went to TJ rite then, they found the guy and removed him from the police that same day

bajafox

Accepted
The guy driving the 88 truck through tech is a douche bag lol

Held up the flow of tech and when a guy behind tried to go around he sped up and cut him off.

Mike Walser, get better people to drive your TT through tech, if thats not you.

bobylax

Will Weatherman be up and running for the handlebars, or just when the trucks start? If not up at 4:00a, think I’ll catch a few more winks.

ProfessionalPitMan

The guy driving the 88 truck through tech is a douche bag lol

Held up the flow of tech and when a guy behind tried to go around he sped up and cut him off.

Mike Walser, get better people to drive your TT through tech, if thats not you.

Was this at the very front of the line? Otherwise, I am not sure how it hurt letting a gap open up for a few minutes. It happens at every tech. If there were no cars getting inspected because of the hold up, then I completely agree. But if you are back in the line a little bit, it is kind of no big deal. Passing people because you want to hurry up and wait a few yards further is the dick move in that situation. Waiting to get a car inspected is always frustrating, even when it goes smooth by off road standards. There has to be a better way.

y2kbaja

Will Weatherman be up and running for the handlebars, or just when the trucks start? If not up at 4:00a, think I’ll catch a few more winks.
WEATHERMAN IS UP!

y2kbaja

First bike 7x down the goat trail at 6:02am.

JDDurfey

Tracker for 1X does not appear to be functioning. Weatherman just got word that the 1X just cleared RM 122.

7X just cleared RM 138, first bike on road.

lil manny

7x first to mile 138. 66x right behind and 1x about 8-10 miles back. 1x not tracking

JayQC

Trackleaders getting better and faster every year, especially on replays.

Before, you had to uncheck the refresh box when doing a replay otherwise the auto refresh would screw it up, now it doesn't matter. Replays are also very much faster to load as far as I can see. Replays are super fun when you read people's stories on here and then check out the GPS for yourself.

TIP for low resolution computers or widescreen : The map might turn out too big for your screen, and it will force you to scroll around to see the GPS controls and raceflow graph. RIGHT CLICK ON THE "MAIN MAP" TAB AND CHOOSE "OPEN IN NEW TAB." It'll open a new tab with only the main map, formatted for your screen. So you have a tab with everything, and a dedicated tab with only the map. If you have multi screen setup, drag that **** over to your other screen and feel like a captain.

BajaFand

First truck goes off the line at what, 10am?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert