• Forum membership has its advantages....

2018 51st SCORE Baja 1000 Race Week Thread - Map, live video, tracking, updates, discussion, etc.

JaysinDesignz

Yeah bet him by 7min or stuck behind Arciero for 7mins or more? Not passing illegally.

goofballracer

PAT DAILEY #1 FAN
I heard about it over weatherman I figure there would be Video of it. I feel really bad those injures are no joke. hoping for a quick recovery

FAT ROB !

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 5.40.01 PM.png

Magda Angel seen here interviewing 4th Place Finisher Juan Carlos Lopez during the 2013 Baja 1000 at 4:00am
Magda is a SCORE announcer, SCORE translator and SCORE Trophy presenter, She is an International Super Model, Monster Energy Girl and
Mentor to Monster Energy associates.
She is a Baja Enthusiast and Baja Veteran.
When you hang out with Magda you quickly learn that her outer beauty is dwarfed by her inner beauty.
Please say a prayer for her quick recovery !

Last edited:

sb4pro

View attachment 196382
Magda Angel seen here interviewing 4th Place Finisher Juan Carlos Lopez during the 2013 Baja 1000 at 4:00am
Magda is a SCORE announcer, SCORE translator and SCORE Trophy presenter, She is an International Super Model, Monster Energy Girl and
Mentor to Monster Energy associates.
She is a Baja Enthusiast and Baja Veteran.
When you hang out with Magda you quickly learn that her outer beauty is dwarfed by her inner beauty.
Please say a prayer for her quick recovery !
Are they going to do any kind of gofundme or other fund raising for her ? Please keep us posted .

Big Whitey

524 had a 100 mile lead At mm280 where Erik Irvine and I got out. .Ben swift (car owner) got in at 280. He went to mile 380 and somehow bent a power steering pump. Probably got nerfed in silt. 5-6 hours later we lost the lead. Once we were going again we were 50 miles behind 507. We are currently 25-30 miles behind at approximately mile 580. Bens dad Pete swift will get in at 600. We will have 200 miles left to try and regain it.
Zac, lets be a little more accurate here, 507 got hit by a class 8 at mile 50-55 which cost us 3 hours in repairs. That gave 524 a big lead, 100, hmmm not sure, we caught 524 and passed when they had a rock hit the ps pump, after they’re 3 ish hrs down we were 50 plus miles in front with our beginner driver, hmm same three hrs and we had a 50 mile lead. Steve told us they were out and parked so we were in conserve mode for sure, Ben getting stuck in the silt was not helpful for 524 for sure but we still had a 50 mile lead until 507 had link pin issues and lost 30 plus minutes at 600. When I got in we had about a 20 mile lead, at mile 617 we broke C.V. bolts which cost us approx 1.5-2 hours down time. Pete and Steve blew by us and took the win, and I couldn’t be happier for them. I am proud that we finished regardless. We drove for 750 miles with no spare due to it being knocked off by the class 8 hitting us and breaking the spare mount as well. You guys had the top class five guys on your team and by all means a far superior car. I think my team deserves some props for giving 524 a good run for its money, by no means did you out drive us by 100 miles in the first 280

Robin Hood

Guys....it really only matters who crossed the finish line first. Before that, everyone else was the fastest until they weren't....LOL

swiftracing5

Greg you guys were on it, that’s how it should be. Just to have a chance to catch you at the end is a testament to you and your team. So much can and will go wrong in this race and we both had our fair share. I hope this wasn’t our last battle, you guys can have Steve next race ;)

Last edited:

Zac Reish

Zac, lets be a little more accurate here, 507 got hit by a class 8 at mile 50-55 which cost us 3 hours in repairs. That gave 524 a big lead, 100, hmmm not sure, we caught 524 and passed when they had a rock hit the ps pump, after they’re 3 ish hrs down we were 50 plus miles in front with our beginner driver, hmm same three hrs and we had a 50 mile lead. Steve told us they were out and parked so we were in conserve mode for sure, Ben getting stuck in the silt was not helpful for 524 for sure but we still had a 50 mile lead until 507 had link pin issues and lost 30 plus minutes at 600. When I got in we had about a 20 mile lead, at mile 617 we broke C.V. bolts which cost us approx 1.5-2 hours down time. Pete and Steve blew by us and took the win, and I couldn’t be happier for them. I am proud that we finished regardless. We drove for 750 miles with no spare due to it being knocked off by the class 8 hitting us and breaking the spare mount as well. You guys had the top class five guys on your team and by all means a far superior car. I think my team deserves some props for giving 524 a good run for its money, by no means did you out drive us by 100 miles in the first 280
I don't know exactly what it was. I was just going off of what my chase crew was telling me and updating this thread. It wasn't to try and offend you or your efforts. You guys definitely kept it interesting and fun. And you ran a solid race. They told me I was going slower than expected and averaging about 35 mph. That adds up to 105 mile lead while you sat. Again i didn't verify any of the info because all i cared about was where we were in relationship to you and the condition of the car.

Ben77

I was wondering if #7 would blame hitting the fence on his old co-driver like in the 500 lol.

RG

Favorite Tacos in Ensenada

JDDurfey

How so? He finished 20mins behind 3rd including a 15 minute penalty and only 28 mins off of the win. He would have no way to know what other penalties were going to be handed out. And yes, it is ridiculous to have a huge speed-zone only to let them rip for a few hundred yards before the finish.

You are correct. I wrote my statement before the results with "adjusted times" came out. I think his finish was about 30 minutes after the leader, so I assumed he knew he was out of contention. But when you look at adjusted time results, he was still in the "hunt".

I agree with you on the speed zone. If they want drivers hauling ass to the finish, that is fine. But SCORE then needs to keep the spectators away. My suggestion would be to have the actual timed finish be in the wash and then let the drivers ease up to the convention center where the cameras and podium are. If they want to do a little controlled burnout or something then great, but they must keep it under control.