• Forum membership has its advantages....

2018 51st SCORE Baja 1000 Race Week Thread - Map, live video, tracking, updates, discussion, etc.

JDDurfey

Guys....it really only matters who crossed the finish line first. Before that, everyone else was the fastest until they weren't....LOL

Remember the 500 back in like 06 where the Collins truck had a 12 minute lead after Ojos coming into the finish and he rolled through a fence costing him the win.

It aint over till it is over and (now) all the penalties and bonehead move videos are seen. Yes it is fun to talk about how fast you were during different parts of the race, but like you said. It only matters who crossed the line first when discussing wins and losses.

AZ7000'

Look at class 7. Hes never winning but always wins.... for how many years now? For limited classes it almost is a question of do you wanna go fast or do you want to win?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

sb4pro

Sorry all link above doesn’t work here’s the link that works
Just wanted to give an update on Magda , here’s what was posted on her gofundme page

Magda underwent surgery on her ankle that was broken during the accident. Procedure went great! Magda will need to be off of that foot for at least 6 weeks. She also had her first major surgery to repair broken bones in her face. Doctor's have assured us that her surgery went as well as could be expected. We are being told that her recovery will take up to a year. She will need at least one more surgery to repair the remaining broken bones in her face.

ekozy39

It was cool to see that he was running just the right pace to not run in any dust for such a long time! They obviously weren't gaining on anyone, but didn't get passed either.

TRichards

It was cool to see that he was running just the right pace to not run in any dust for such a long time! They obviously weren't gaining on anyone, but didn't get passed either.
I could watch that all day. I wish it didnt stop before the hit that flattened the tire by San Felipe. i hope there is a part 2 and 3 etc.
Fastest I saw was 134 down the Mikes road.

BrentB

I could watch that all day. I wish it didnt stop before the hit that flattened the tire by San Felipe. i hope there is a part 2 and 3 etc.
Fastest I saw was 134 down the Mikes road.
GoPro card was full where the vid ended. Wish it ended a little earlier, there were lines I didn’t want seen, haha.
Ryan did a great job executing our plan, which was to just cruise along until after San Matais, then let it run and build a gap going into Ed’s driver change at 200. All was going to plan, hard to see in the vid, but we were on an alt line of dust going thru SF, think it was Rob, as we went by Dale just before Borrego.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team

Story of battling back from 2+ hours of down time and adversity at this years' B1K. Jagged X Factory Polaris has finished every mile they have ever driven in a race in Baja earning them six (6) Milestone awards. Plus Jagged X has several class championships and race wins including the 50th anniversary B1K win. Proud to race with them. Enjoy the video

Last edited: