• Forum membership has its advantages....

2018 51st SCORE Baja 1000 Race Week Thread - Map, live video, tracking, updates, discussion, etc.

nimrod

KOOK!
Pretty cool to see the different lines guys take in the washes of SF area. Stoked that it shows on the tracking.

Roice

Did the score site just go down?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

PHAIII113

Score has the worst tracking. You will have better luck tracking on Instagram/facebook with people posting

y2kbaja

At the top of each hour head over to Fishgistics and get a race update. Best thing going now. The Score live broadcast is good, better than it's been in the past. The tracking is what it is. It will never be 100% but that racing in Baja.

y2kbaja

I am amazed at how fast they caught the handlebars.

nimrod

KOOK!
Catching LOTS of bikes and quads now.
No more whining about who starts where. How’d you like to be in a 500k TT catching dudes on a bike doing a bucket list item and completely unprepared for what’s about to happen?

BigBlue&Goldie

As an armchair quarterback, this year I would've put a bigger starting gap between cars and bikes simply due to the shorter race and the fact volunteers and workers don't have to drive as far down south.

Edit: I recognize the bikes getting caught typically have no business racing the B1k.

Last edited:

AngryShawn

No more whining about who starts where. How’d you like to be in a 500k TT catching dudes on a bike doing a bucket list item and completely unprepared for what’s about to happen?
Not this again...

A Vance

That is exactly the issue. These guys arent racing. They are trail riding the biggest race of the year. You have the slowest bikes out there in front of the fastest truck. I would be scared to death to be those guys and I race bikes.

offroadracer516

Larger start gap does absolutely nothing. The trucks would just catch them 100 or more miles down the course. You can't save these people from them selves. To me they have no business out there.

BrettRI

I may have missed this from earlier in the thread. Did TT15 of Billy Wilson start the race? Assuming just a tracking issue. Shows him at the start still. I just haven't heard his name mentioned.

Combo

I'm sad the updates are not like they were....

slim01

I think you'll find that most of the bikes 'caught' have been stationary for several hours. My mate is #747 is just south of San Felipe and he hasn't moved for a while now, hopefully just a tracker fault or mechanical issue. (Lloyd has raced B500 & B1K several times, he's not a bucklister, **** happens to anyone...)