• Forum membership has its advantages....

2018 51st SCORE Baja 1000 Race Week Thread - Map, live video, tracking, updates, discussion, etc.

PDANK Racing

7X is really fast or took a right instead of a left lol.

J Burleson

wow, I dont believe the tracker at all now! every time I refresh its a different order! unless they are really swapping that much!

nimrod

KOOK!
wow, I dont believe the tracker at all now! every time I refresh its a different order! unless they are really swapping that much!
You have to look at the time stamp on each individual tracking pop up.
They’ve had the 6 truck behind Pab but pabs tracking was 0.0 seconds ago and the 6 trucks time stamp was 13 minutes ago. The tracking depends on when the individual trackers send to the satellites.

DJ Jeffrey

wow, I don't believe the tracker at all now! every time I refresh its a different order! unless they are really swapping that much!
That is because the trackers ping every 1-3 min independently between cars, but you are refreshing every 60 seconds. so when the cars are within a min or two of themselves they will swap spots on the tracker. The best way to decide on order is to look at the update time and judge that on the distance from the other car, that can tell you what order they are actually in.

JayQC

They’ve had the 6 truck behind Pab but pabs tracking was 0.0 seconds ago and the 6 trucks time stamp was 13 minutes ago. The tracking depends on when the individual trackers send to the satellites.
Exactly, they don'T all update at the same time.

Finally home, day out for work AGAIN, 3 years in a row I can't take a day off and just follow the race, 5 hours in my car in a snowstorm trying to get updates from people on Facebook. Now I'm home, got beer, weed (ay Canada), trackers, WM and RDC. Posted from a Subway earlier, nothing like the Baja 1000 in a fast food restaurant...

I know I'm late, but cheers and let's fcking do this, starting right now,

ProfessionalPitMan

I don't know if I would want to be in Larry Connor's shoes. Taking over the 6 from Ricky to drive through the silt, in the dark with three of the fastest drivers in the sport right behind you! Will be interesting to see if he can keep it up there with Andy, Bryce, and Rob Mac!

J Burleson

got it. Kinda makes the "live tracking" a bit of a PITA then! But not complaining, still nice to have!
That is because the trackers ping every 1-3 min independently between cars, but you are refreshing every 60 seconds. so when the cars are within a min or two of themselves they will swap spots on the tracker. The best way to decide on order is to look at the update time and judge that on the distance from the other car, that can tell you what order they are actually in.