2018 Baja 500 Class 3 and Class 3700 Merge?

Advantage West

Reaction
This is a call to any Class 3 racers that ACTUALLY are racing the 2018 Baja 500. I currently race Class 3700 Jeepspeed. I am going to race the 500 in our Jeep and will have no other entries that will be in 3700. I would like to merge Class 3 and 3700 for this race. We would be willing to opt out of points, and only race for place and contingency. I see these classes as a perfect match and would love some good competition.

We are working with Score now to see if this would be possible. They would like us to get other class 3 racers opinions. I am looking for either: (1) Lets do it and have some fun, you'd be willing to race against us, or (2) Pound Sand and a brief of why please - so maybe we can discuss further.

Our Jeep: Wrangler - matching body and grill, 106" Wheelbase, 84" Track Width, Stock Sealed LS3 Motor, Turbo 400 Trans, Will Run 4x4, Coils and bypasses limited at 14" Front and 16" Rear, Will run 35's or 37's - whatever the rule is.

Thank you in advance to you Class 3 guys for at least a serious thought about it. I like to race the course but i love to race against others on the course.

Jesse Archer - Bunch Racing 3749

y2kbaja

Reaction
quick question, what makes you not legal in class 3? wheelbase?

Advantage West

Reaction
I had just scanned the class 3 rules and the only thing, I believe, is the non matching motor. Jeep - GM LS
I am not familiar with Class 3 at all though and would appreciate any enlightenment between the 2.

retroblazer

Reaction
You’re all right so far. I won’t be running in Cl3 before the 1000, but I would have no problem with it. Two of the active Cl3’s will be at NORRA, and doubtful for the 500. Don’t know about Leavitt and his Bronco. None of these guys would object to your combo.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

retroblazer

Reaction
If you actually read the rules in detail, there’s one other rule that you would be breaking. It’s the fact the engine block is aluminum which is only allowed if it came stock.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert