• Forum membership has its advantages....

2018 Los Ancianos Tecate Enduro - who won the $2500 1st Place Prize?

TecateRay

Dec. 1st. Epic dirt, 330 riders, 90+ miles of trails. The weather cooperated by giving us 2 days of rain before the race and big prize money helped draw an impressive list of pros along with our biggest rider entry ever.
Gary Sutherlin had the lead at the end of loop 2 and kept it to the finish. Ricky Dietrich charged to 2nd and JT Baker rounded out the podium and the cash paying positions. 1st $2500, 2nd $1000, 3rd $500.

TecateRay

Dec. 1st. Epic dirt, 330 riders, 90+ miles of trails. The weather cooperated by giving us 2 days of rain before the race and big prize money helped draw an impressive list of pros along with our biggest rider entry ever.
Gary Sutherlin had the lead at the end of loop 2 and kept it to the finish. Ricky Dietrich charged to 2nd and JT Baker rounded out the podium and the cash paying positions. 1st $2500, 2nd $1000, 3rd $500.
CORRECTION! Baker was 2nd and Dietrich was 3rd. I can’t figure out how to edit my original post.

Went down to see some old friends and help out. Did a couple of road crossings and got to see some good riding and racing. Made me wish I still had a bike to ride.
I was at about race mile 9 at a road crossing. Watching some of the riders struggle in that area looked like they had rode 100 miles already. Some narley slow hill climbs and twisty trail between the rocks.
Also did a second road crossing at about race mile 85. Saw some good passes in that area
Was a fun day for me even though I wasn't riding.