2018 San Felipe 250 Course Map Google Maps

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
The cows are funny.

Stuck Sucks

Reaction
Does anyone know the location of Baja Pits and BFG Pits? I'd like to add them to the map. Thanks!

GoLeft

Reaction
You are going to have to change the Google Map.
SCORE "updated" the course yesterday. GPS files are on their site. It would appear at this time that they did not update the Notes.
The changes are quite interesting and dangerous.

Speedster

Reaction
You are going to have to change the Google Map.
SCORE "updated" the course yesterday. GPS files are on their site. It would appear at this time that they did not update the Notes.
The changes are quite interesting and dangerous.
Hope the course markers figure something else out and we see another change. With last night's update, RM23 to 27 and 188 to 192 are now VERY DANGEROUS.

Stuck Sucks

Reaction
Thanks, the map is updated with the new course and map markers. Interesting that SCORE took a 2km inbound/outbound course separation and reduced it down to meters.

y2kbaja

Reaction
That is pretty close but doable. It's not a loop race so there should be a good separation. Keeping spectators and chasers out will be the dangerous part.

nickybobby333

Reaction
Looking very closely right after RM 188 the course leads right into the outgoing course unless you make that right to avoid and stay on the course. I just don't understand how there is so much desert, and yet we want to have the inbound and out bound within 20 feet from each other. Just my 2 cents

PaulW

Reaction
Yes, at RM188 the road is narrow at the "Y" I would have thought that a speed zone would be needed to allow the rigs to pass each other. What is really needed is a different track for separation.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Hope the course markers figure something else out and we see another change. With last night's update, RM23 to 27 and 188 to 192 are now VERY DANGEROUS.
but because the sections are 150+ miles apart there will be no, or very little 4 wheel traffic at rm 23-27 when everyone is coming back at rm 188-192....right? seems like it shouldnt be any issue at all....what am i missing?

y2kbaja

Reaction
At 30 mph for the last car to leave the line they would be getting there in just under an hour, if they start 90 minutes after the first car leaves (10:00am) then it would be 12:30 when they get there (1130 start plus 60 mins to get there). The leader at 60 mph would be there in about 3 hours, or 1pm. So it will be close but technically doable.
It's the bikes that come into question. Maybe that's why the small start time gap?

Speedster

Reaction
but because the sections are 150+ miles apart there will be no, or very little 4 wheel traffic at rm 23-27 when everyone is coming back at rm 188-192....right? seems like it shouldnt be any issue at all....what am i missing?
I think straggling bikes / quads could be coming thru there inbound while trucks / buggies are outbound. In three different places thru there the courses get as close as 20 feet apart. There are multiple lines thru there and would be easy for someone especially a bike or quad to get on a line that leads them straight into oncoming. Could get confusing especially if dusty.
It just does not make sense why inbound after RM186 didn't remain going south of that mountain range like on original map. However, all recent SCORE races in that area have indeed not gone around the South side of that mountain, so there must be a reason.

nickybobby333

Reaction
I also definitely see a ton of spectators out in the area or around the Morelia Y especially with the pavement now going half of the way out there.

PaulW

Reaction
Pavement goes 10 kilometers from Hwy 5. After that it is the same old dirt.

Honda48X

Reaction
Have any of you been there? I did the course through there and there should be no issues. Stay on course and zero issues with traffic. Now the spectators will fill in the middle and divide the course.
1643A8C9-5C0D-4D38-9B30-957B639688D1.png