2018 SCORE Baja 1000 route

DRZ_Motorsports_119

Reaction
The route will be:

Ensenada-La Presa, la Presa-Ojos Negros, Ojos Negros-Tres Hermanos-Tres Hermanos-Cruce del Camino a Santa Catarina, Santa Catarina-Ejido Saldaña, Ejido Saldaña-Valle del Borrego.

Del Valle del Borrego a San Felipe, San Felipe-Puertecitos, Puertecitos-San Luis Gonzaga, San Luis Gonzaga-ANP Valle de los Cirios (San Luis Gonzaga, Ejido Matomi y Hermenegildo Galeana, Ejido Revolución, Ejido Juárez, Ejido San José de las Palomas), ANP-Valle de los Cirios-San Quintín, San Quintín-Colonet, Colonet-Santo Tomás, Santo Tomás Ojos Negros, Ojos Negros-La Presa, La Presa-Ensenada,

AZ7000'

Reaction
ENSENADA.- The Baja 1000 edition includes within its route, a tour of the protected natural area known as Valle de los Cirios. According to the request of the Environmental Impact Manifest (MIA), it is a total of 276 kilometers, of which 239 are traveled within subzones of sustainable use of ecosystems and the other 37 within a sub-area of public use.

The trajectory has a length of 706 kilometers, and the intended validity of the project will be 5 years, according to MIA entered on August 24, 2018, before the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (Semarnat).

The objective is to "evaluate the environmental impacts of the project" Score Baja 1000 edition 2018 ", according to document with code 2BC2018TD125, promoted by Score International S de RL de C.V.

Elements of the project:
The project will be located in the municipality of Mexicali and Ensenada, Baja California.

It will start in Ensenada and end in Ensenada, the project deals with motor racing activities on mainly unpaved roads, which are called off-road races.

The project activity is a speed competition on pre-existing roads commonly used as dirt roads to interconnect villages and ranches in the municipalities of Ensenada and Mexicali.

The activities of the off-road race are established by the organizer, which contemplates the beginning and end of the route in the city and port of Ensenada, as well as the location of the check points, as well as the starting position of each competitor.

In the test involved cars including bugs and trucks plus other SUVs and pickup, motorcycles and ATVs.

Approximately 250 motorized vehicles will participate for all terrain, in four categories, these include the use of motorcycles, class I (light) class 2 (heavy) vehicles and specialized category trophy trucks for this type of event.

The route
The race includes the route through the State of Baja California which starts in Ensenada on a surface ranging between 500 and 600 hectares on land whose use of land is for vehicle traffic.

The variation in the surface depends exclusively on the width of the roads, which in some sections is 4 meters and in others up to 10 meters, depending on the defined section.

The route to follow will be Ensenada-La Presa, Presa-Ojos Negros, Ojos Negros-Tres Hermanos-Tres Hermanos-Crossing the Road to Santa Catarina, Santa Catarina-Ejido Saldaña, Ejido Saldaña-Valle del Borrego.

From the Valle del Borrego to San Felipe, San Felipe-Puertecitos, Puertecitos-San Luis Gonzaga, San Luis Gonzaga-ANP Valle de los Cirios (San Luis Gonzaga, Ejido Matomi and Hermenegildo Galeana, Ejido Revolución, Ejido Juárez, Ejido San José de las Palomas), ANP-Valle de los Cirios-San Quintin, San Quintin-Colonet, Colonet-Santo Tomas, Santo Tomas Ojos Negros, Ojos Negros-La Presa, La Presa-Ensenada, activity that will take place during five days, that is to say, November 14 to 18, 2018

coolerking

Reaction
I would guess its the old road from cocos to either BoLa or Chapala lakebed area? Isn't that the Cirios preserve?

swiftracing5

Reaction
2013 is similar on the east side but other than that this year it does not cut in to mikes on the coast. And I think the course gets to the coast at San Quentin

Last edited:

swiftracing5

Reaction
FE37EEB9-E89A-474B-AF19-B0831655F36F.jpeg

swiftracing5

Reaction
Well I know score typically has a booth and I swear I saw it posted somewhere they would unveil the initial map.

JulioBaeza28

Reaction
SCORE has been releasing th Baja 1000 map at the Pomona Expo since 2013 (or longer, IDK)... I guess will be the same this year

swiftracing5

Reaction
You guys got me, I found the press release, definitely at the OR expo like usual. It did seem bass ackwards to be doing it at the sand sports show. Carry on...

Baja Fool Dear

Reaction
Excerpt from: Spectacular SCORE Baja 1000 exhibit returning to popular Off-Road Expo.

COURSE UNVEILING

At 3 p.m. PT on Saturday, Sept. 29, SCORE will unveil the official course map for the 2018 SCORE Baja 1000, the 51st edition of the iconic Granddaddy of All Desert Races.