2018 SCORE Baja 1000 route

twin w racing

Reaction
Y’all think score will continue to do loops for the 1k?

Personally I think they will ?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Honda48X

Reaction
The peninsula run is a blast but from an economic standpoint the loop race is better for the racers and SCORE.

Bajacolorado

Reaction
Loops are good and the tip to tail stuff for promotion of the core of what it is. It's all good! Just keep the enviros out!

twin w racing

Reaction
We want to do a 1k but will have to pick a loop year race due to the logistics of it all

Baja Dad

Reaction
The peninsula run is a blast but from an economic standpoint the loop race is better for the racers and SCORE.
NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POINT to POINT is buy far the best !!!!

the Loop race is the SAME OLD BEAT TO poop STUFF that you race in the SF 250 and the 500

expenses are just about the same

Honda48X

Reaction
NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POINT to POINT is buy far the best !!!!

the Loop race is the SAME OLD BEAT TO **** STUFF that you race in the SF 250 and the 500

expenses are just about the same
I agree that Point to Point is the best as I said it's a blast. Not sure where your getting your figures as far as cost but the loop race is cheaper for me and many others that I know. We have a place in San Felipe so the cost is cheaper.

Baja Dad

Reaction
I agree that Point to Point is the best as I said it's a blast. Not sure where your getting your figures as far as cost but the loop race is cheaper for me and many others that I know. We have a place in San Felipe so the cost is cheaper.
Apples and Oranges you pick!
I will drive as many miles this 1000 as I did last year.
This will be my 35th Score Baja 1000as a Racer or a Farther of a racer
by the way "I have a place on my chase truck so the cost is even cheaper"
Snorra Rally Biv.JPG

swiftracing5

Reaction
Does anyone know the Pemex situation south of El Rosario? Approx locations?

Mooch2Peril

Reaction
If memory serves me right there is nothing south of el Rosario until just north of Guerrero Negro km 595 or 593 ish. I can’t remember if Rosarito had a station or not.

Or if your going to bay of LA to the south on 1 then east there are a couple there but I’ve also pulled in there before and they had no gas delivered.

Diesel is even more scarce in that area. We carry minimum 20 gallons of diesel in our chase just for that stretch in reserve at all times (prerunning or race). I haven’t been that far south since last 1k so there might be better info than what I have to offer.

Charlie65

Reaction
Barrel gas usually at Cataviña, and at the turnoff to Bay of LA. Next Pemex south of El Rosario is either Bay of LA or Villa Jesús María.
Rumors about a Pemex to built at Cataviña.

PeteRock

Reaction
El Rosario has a large Pemex (gas and diesel) with back up generator, since the town often looses power. It is the last reliable fuel stop for a long time. If your lucky Catavinia will have fuel out of jugs, but that's it until BoLA or Guerro Negro. Since there will be lots of race traffic coming through these areas, assume there is no fuel outside of a gas station and plan accordingly.

johndjmix

Reaction
Loop or peninsula. It’s a blast. The peninsula run is an adventure and challenge. I’ve raced and chased both. Last year had a blast. 3 days no sleep only to find the hotel in la-Paz lost our reservation (which I understand is common). Got a room and hit the sack. Some of our team slept in the chase trucks.

Still an amazing time! Wish I was there right now instead of my office!

—John

harleys dad

Reaction
The 1981 Baja 1000 was about like this but in reverse but this one avoids the horrible silt beds near Punta Priata

goRGgo

Reaction
Barrel gas usually at Cataviña, and at the turnoff to Bay of LA. Next Pemex south of El Rosario is either Bay of LA or Villa Jesús María.
Rumors about a Pemex to built at Cataviña.

when I was down in Catavina for the NORRA they were just about to complete a BP or Pemex across the street from the hotel there. It also has a market that was up and running!